Mars-Hydro FCE-8000... the big boy!!!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by SitnSpin, Feb 17, 2022.

1. lol. my braim is dried up like a saladitos!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 5
  3. I gave it some thought, noway i can do clones. The electricity is climbing and the heat is unbearable. 82 in the house right now, 70 on the porch. All the windows are wide open. Sheet!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. That's just too hot for me. 39F here atm. Its like ... summer here is like winter over there, and winter here is like ...well really cold.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Saskatchewan. aka Canadian/Siberian Gulag.
    ik bro.

Maybe check out the plant I harvested last night grown using the MARS FC-4800. I really like the light :D
    Now we can compare different light results:love-m3j:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Im thinking, i like the 4 bar best! The 8 bar is over kill, and runs hotter than fuck! I might run the 4 bar with the high red bar 300w light for the side light. Ive been rhinking a lot about a bubble bucket when it cools off.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. oh my bubble been turning to acid when I leave it for three days. Last I checked it had a pH 4.25 (I fixed it of course). I think maybe that BT I added? idk. I couldn't really get in the tent before with the last plant in the way, so now I can check on it more often, although its fubar now :oops:

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. hum...

when the plant drinks doesn't it change the concentration of the nutrients? do you change out you're rez or add back?

• Like Like x 1
  9. I do both. If I just changed the res, and the next day EC and pH are out, I add back either water + calmag and sometimes with nutes like in the ratio of {1:1:1} or maybe {1:2:3} during bloom (talking three part here). Its why I've wanted a nice NPK meter/detection system, but I haven't found such a thing. I did try once with a kit and found P to be really high, but idk how much I trust that test kit. Need a good system for determining how much NPK is left over, but just got to use experience and common sense.
    I also think a dropping pH maybe associated with higher (unused) P, but that can be associated with nitrogen uptake. I attached a paper to explain that.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. am I right here? this would cause a lockout?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. yes, truth is... I haven't been showing her off much, BUT, in my defense, the plant is only like 2 months + 5 days from planting the seed and its almost done. The bubblers works very nicely, and in fact, if you plan on doing a bubble grow, i would suggest using your aeroponic cloner + clonex solution (@ 5mL / L) + calmag to start the seeds (oh I also added bennies), since this is what I've been doing with wonderful results. See: aeroponic-model-4z0-stoner-experiment-5263199-rev_3-a.2866132
    I'm planning on bato systems (aka dutch buckets) for the next couple grows. I decided this because I grew some tomatoes during the winter but used a 'powergrower' (its a bubbler). But what a pita to switch and check the res and etc. I think bato would save me the trouble at least with tomatoes.
    upload_2022-5-22_12-25-49.png
    and this is a picture of the vegetable plants for the batos. I just took the pic for you.
    I haven't checked the solution since I started the plants. I'll prob have the batos up this week.
    Imma start four cannabis plants as soon as I transplant these ones.
    I cut the bottom of the baskets so the roots don't get tangled in them and I can reuse the baskets.
    Germ rate so far = 100%

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1

12. derp! 6 bar not a 4 bar... my name is otto and I get blotto!

• Funny Funny x 4
  13. you had me wondering... Doc has a 4 bar for his 2.5x2.5 area. working nice too :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. I had pretty good luck with my aeroponics cloner. It did pretty well last year. My success rate was about 75% a little bit better maybe. But I went back to old school this spring. With root riot and clonex gel and cloning solution. In my propagators. So far I've only lost one plant out of 45. I still have two more runs of clones that are going right now and everything looks spectacular so far. Keeping fingers crossed. As at the end of this week I hope to pull all the Clones out of the propagator and start putting them in soil. I'll run one more set of clones and then put the cloner up until late this fall. 20220522_101654.jpg 20220522_102427.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. looking good g2g.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Thanks pal I appreciate it man. After getting bonked on the head it took me a minute to get back in running shape again. LOL

• Like Like x 2
  17. I really don't have a problem with cloning. I have an ezcloner, i just need new plugs. Its more about the heat and power. And a promise i made not to grow during the summer. I have already broken it. Just like every year since 1981. Fooook!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1