Mars Hydro COB Light Overview

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by M9Prime, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Hah which one I got three

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

2. I'll take the other 2.;)
    giphy (1).gif

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Everyone expects mars hydro to be like HLG and independent cob makers. But im not sure if that's the way to go, That's limited supply with high demand. And that only makes things go up in price ( qbs are a 10s of dollars more now in less than a month)
    Instead they tend to the market of the average grower, something on a budget they know they can get grew quality but not break the bank on a 1000 dollar multi cob set up.

With the legalization in Canada coming up I can see all the 19-30 year olds growing or try to and they'll not want to invest the many hundreds we do. When they can do a single plant with a single light from mars that easy to get will give them a yield they can enjoy and the bud will be nice too.

I will be starting my grow journal with this light this weekend. My bearing for.my fans havnt come in yet and should have been here today.

• Like Like x 3
  4. No Buy one get one free?? LOL

5. They were really hard to get. Don't think I can part haha

6. Btw I've been running the cob for a few days. It's very VERY COOL running. I mean I can touch it after being on for 72 hours straight and not feel anything warmer than a bottle of water left in the sun. If that.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Was that with the light on or off? laughing.gif laughing.gif laughing.gif

BTW: Your QBs would look purdy next to my Nextlight Mini!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Honestly it looks like the perfect micro grow light.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Understood, but usually along with mass production comes mediocrity !

10. Cree cob and meanwell driver along with red and blues.. can't really go wrong. It's going to grow well. If they can make this at a price point low enough it's going to rock the micro grow market.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I view this as a much improved version of the mars300 but more capable of 450 like performance with less wattage then the 300.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I definitly see this. its a bit thicker than a 300W mars panel. but the output is significantly more, it's water tight unlike the mars 300. and easy to change the cob if anything were to happen.

• Like Like x 1
  13. The market for people who want cobs but don't want to DIY is huge. I try to talk people into kits and they are so hesitant. Most people who haven't worked with electronics want a box they can open, plug in, and turn on. Many people are too intimidated to build their own light. They're also intimidated by the price of most high quality prebuilt cob lights. If mars can solve both of those problems and bring this product at a reasonable price point they will have a market for this light.

• Like Like x 4
  14. That light isn't covering a 4.5x4.5 in No way possible!!! it might be Good for 1-2 plants at the most! That's there false Advertising starting already like they have always done! Just like they last up to 100,000 hours to I'm sure! Oh And they start putting warranty packet's in their boxes only because they were sending it to you. I doubt they come packed like that if a regular customer buys one. Don't believe the Hype!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Sooo... Where are the pics of the grow?

• Like Like x 1
  16. There's a different thread set up in the grow journal's section of the forum.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mars COB light core coverage is 2.5'x2.5',max coverage is 4.5'x4.5'.We tested the PAR value in a 120x120x200cm grow tent,for the same growing space with different hieght:under the light,the PAR value changed,but at the edge of the growing space,the PAR value isn't very weak.Later we will take a video to show with different height.
    Here is the PAR value when the height is 18"
    J}SE0W9()2LG5}K2Q4ES[38.png

18. How do you test the par at zero inches531 Par reading at 0 inches SMH! When did they start putting warranty pamphlets in the boxes??? After being in business for 9 years they just start putting warranties in the boxes, should've been doing that the whole entire time since that's one of the biggest downfalls with MarsHydro is inaccurate information and terrible customer service in my experiences anyway. it should compare to a 90 watt QB for the price! It's not that hard to get QB's if you really want one. I think it's a Good thing that there out of stock a lot! It Goes to show the high Demand there in!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Dude, you're so on attack mode... hehe. You're not reading that par chart right. All the numbers are at a height of 18". The one that is 0 is in the direct center under the light. The other values you see like 6" mean that is how far from center the reading is.

The max coverage area is for veg. I think everyone knows you can't bud a 4x4 with one of these. I'm vegging a 4x4 with 120 watts well though right now so skimping on watts per square for veg is very possible with higher quality leds.

531 par reading at 18" is pretty darn good. That is about the par rating of a 400 watt hps at 18". They must be doing something right.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2