Mars hydro 300w led

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Marcusanthy2, Jan 15, 2016.

1. #1 Marcusanthy2, Jan 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2016
    hey ppl, any of you grow with mars hydro 300w ? I wanna grow one single plant , will that panel be enough?
    Another question is it noticeable in the electric bill the use of it? I was going for the cfls cuz the electric bill but ibheard out loud in this hydro 300w panel and i got curious
    In the title says 140 w true watt... So the panel produces 300w but in reality consumes 140w of power? Even i am gettin tired with this questions but i have to learn this things by askin [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Mars have issues with diodes burning out and not working. They claim they are fixing the issues but I'm sure there are still mostly defective lights out there. Led lights also have issues with causing light bleaching. You need to keep the light far away from the canopy. I suggest using T5 lights for veg. I have also seen them work great in flowering. Good luck with whatever way you go.

3. #3 killset, Jan 15, 2016
    The panel does not produce 300 watts. That number doesn't mean anything to a grower. All it means is the diodes can be run at 300 watts but they're not. They run them at less watts so they last longer. Its an advertising ploy to make their lights seem bigger then they are. The light is only 140 watts and that's it. I have a mars light. Its junk. Diodes keep burning out. They sent me replacements, 2 weeks later and more burned diodes. Its a paper weight as far as I'm concerned. Very very disappointed

Sent from my XT1028 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. #4 Ryan0o, Jan 15, 2016
    I say its a great light at that price point. Go for it. Just dont expect it to last several years. Mine ran for 14 months straight before burning out some diodes.

5. Mine burned out diodes within the first 6 months and continued to do so until I shelved it. They'll warranty it but your choices are send them the light and go without it for a couple weeks or they send you the diodes and you can fix it. I personally would just rather buy a better light

Sent from my XT1028 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. #6 lotek590, Jan 15, 2016

cheapest all things considered is the 400w hid they sell on ebay or amazon. You'll save on the puchase and then pay on the electricity. I paid $439 for an led to grow just one plant, and the electricity is not even noticable, 220w draw about 160 watts. The pot under led is ok, but not better than under hid. So pay me now for an led, or pay me later for electtricity and new bulbs

• Like Like x 1

7. so i can use it for veg and flowering ? It's just for my one and only plant for exp not lookin for anything professional at the time... If it last for at least 6 mounths its alright, can this led producer 2/3 onces?

8. Yes you can get 2/3 ounces off that light with a decent veg and some technique, I have had a Mars running for about 6 months with zero issues, ya really have to remember that you get what you pay for, I am running 180 true led watts and have seen very little as far as a spike in the electric bill

Sent from my 100 acre wood using piglet app

9. I did a two month veg and no training and grew two 1oz plants under Galaxyhydro's comparable model. Add to that it was my first grow and I almost killed both plants in veg.

10. I have that exact light. I used it to get 2.5 oz off 2 plants. Not bad for totally organic. Would have been much more if I had bigger pots. I even had a flood upstairs last week and the light got soaked. I dried it out and it's still working perfectly. I just got a new reflector 192 the other day. Time to set up a new tent!

11. I bought some "Diamond" led lights from eBay for less than $400 each. They work fine and no diodes have burned out. I don't like that they cause light burn so I shelved them an went back to HPS. Only used them less than a year. I would be willing to part with them if anyone is interested. They have 6 watt diodes and are better than Mars. Pm is interested with offer.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1453021991.881775.jpg

12. [​IMG]

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. #15 toolman30, Apr 25, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    I bought a Mars 2 900. Only ran it a total of about 72hrs and my plants started dropping real bad so I said he'll with it and went back to HID.I paid like 300 for it I'm trying my best to get rid of it. I guess they have their place though

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 6.0 HD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  14. Do you still have them diamond lights

15. I can't fault my Mars II 900 but I'm new and cant compare to anything. Just pulled a little over 3 Oz on a single plant on my first grow and I'm a month into my second.

16. Hey it's only been 13 days and my plant has grown fast does everything look good the other two is only 7 I'm using 16/8 lighting should I boost up to 24 hour lighting

Attached Files:

17. Only if you want them to grow faster

18. My method is 24/0 for the first two weeks then I drop it down to 20/4 for a week and then 16/8 until I get my desired height and next is the 12/12 flip. My last grow with the Mars 300 a cheapo 75w ufo and two led bulbs rated at 48w total netted me just over 2oz from two plants. I was stoked off that then I saw ppl doing the same off one plant and just a single 300. Easy to tell the novice from the skilled.