mars hydro 300 watt SWITCHED to mars ii 900....HELP?!?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by YeagerBomb420, Jan 16, 2020.

?

should I keep the mars ii 900 and ride it out???

1. YES

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. NO

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. I first and foremost want to say hello to everyone and thanks in advance to those who've helped me by reading everything on this site when i'm in need of info. That being said I'm first time indoor - 3x3x5 - 4 gallon coco bag with 2 ladies been in tent since 12/14/19 - using Fox farms nutes as always!!! The reason i'm here is due to this light change... waking up the following day I put my new Mars ii 900 in yesterday morning. Today when I awoke they were droopy and very hungry since it was feed time... I was hoping it would bounce back after being watered due to the dryness of top 2 inches of coco. I was using a mars hydro 300 and switched to a 900 mars ii, would that be to much light? I have the 900 24 inches away and just didn't look normal... Anyone have any advice?? Please and thank you in advance
    - Yeagerbomb -

FYI pics are before and after... pic wit scrog yesterday when I swapped out the mars hydro 300 for the 900 is obviously before... Please I'm reaching out for ANY help / CONSTRUCTIVE criticism... Take into effect this is my first indoor grow :)

Attached Files:

2. I'd raise it up further, that's quite a bit of light for those young plants. The stronger light will raise tent temps, and force the plants to use more water and nutrients, so expect things to change. I'd shoot for 30" and slowly bring it down as the plants get bigger and can handle more light.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Is that 64 degrees and 83% humidity? I'd try to bring temps up about 10 degrees, is the floor of the tent cool, can't hurt to bring the pots up off the floor.

5. 83 degress 64 humidity... plants off the ground with the 300 back in there until i got some solid advice...

6. #6 YeagerBomb420, Jan 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    i was scared when i saw the light def taking a toll on them so i lowered it off her metal grid... to get as much space as possible in between light and my 2 ladies - Would you keep the 900 rolling?? my tent isnt tall enough to move it up higher until i rig something up. That being said I through the mars hydro 300 back in there to let em recover... Good move????

7. RN as we speak....Just incase i poked a few 2 inch holes in case it's to wet but I doubt it since it hasn't had a feeding for a few days. I was thinking after giving em .5 gallon feed when I got back home from work they'd have bounced back... Not the case. I removed my scrog since it'd gonna need extended anyways... ANY tips or 2 cents anyone has please share! This being first indoor go i'm starting to learn more about lights and i currently have 2 of the 900 mars ii (brand new) since my 1600 watt i ordered was outta stock they offered this instead; I happily obliged since all I had was the mars hydro 300 1st gen....

Attached Files:

8. I see like a foot of space above the light. Lowering temps and raising light will help.

9. Could run the 300 longer till they are bigger or raise the 900, either way i'd try to lower canopy temps. If it's 83 on the floor it's gotta be 90+ at the canopy. Poor plants.

10. Your input has been appreciated dropinbiking Thanks for welcoming me to the site :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. I only have the lines to the carabiner that came with the 900 - I plan on trying to get it as high as I can ;-) please help me out, what would you do in this situation? First indoor rodeo help a fellow Cannasuer out :)

12. Get some chain, or double over the hangers, I'm not sure, get creative. I made two hangers out of one kit, bent some hooks out of an old coat hanger, and two lights with a single chain.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. No perlite, it's 100% coco

14. How much perlite should I toss into my coco? Picking up a couple bricks tomorrow and I'll be planting a few next week.

15. 70/30 coco perlite is a pretty standard mix. Also coco is made to be fed daily.
    When you use a wet to dry cycle in coco it will concentrate salts in your medium (big time) this will cause nutrient burn and also will cause ph lockout.
    I strongly suspect a ph lockout rather than a light issue. Can you post pictures under natural light ?

• Like Like x 3
  16. Thanks, I figured about 20% so I'm in the ball park, should have enough perlite for the mix. I'm going with gaia greens organic dry feed, it seems to work well when ammended in coco and fed with cal-mag before the grow.

17. This is the type of lighting you should be shopping
    Horticulture Lighting Group Premium LED Grow Lights for Agriculture

18. I've seen that grow style. It is scary looking to me. Alot of potential for problems