Mars hydro 1600 led in diy made grow room, Current adventure 3 fem mix seeds incl previous grows.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by euroguy1989, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Yeah I think he, you and everyone else who wrote on here has put me in the right direction I should able to see a difference hopefully by tomorrow I think :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Awesome man just remember the basics and the rest is just a science experiment

hell yeah
    ........sounds about right

• Like Like x 1
  3. Honestly I learned trying to teach you I have been studying it but you are already more experienced because you actually have a set up and I'm just in my head building atm. After my experience with indoor soil growing I've decided to read as much as I can stand to before the itch will only be satisfied by the scratch of production. Definitely worth investing in a industrial tds meter for that is the heartbeat of your operation. The rest is just manufacturer fertilizer and your grow mediums. Happy growing man and good luck

hell yeah

• Like Like x 2
  4. Thanks man. I hope it turns out well.

Yeah well even with all the reading you always encounter problems the first and second time. I spent ages reading like you said til I couldn't stand it no more haha.

Still all the luck with it man if you decide to go with dwc or rdwc!

Sent from my takee 1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. Update

[​IMG]

I decided to move the 3 other seedlings to the grow room but am yet to put them in buckets as I'm waiting on more airpumps. I only did this because I thought I could have the grow and bloom switchs on as I could then turn t5 off too... That and have a towel rack in my bathroom again.

[​IMG]

They are growing really well, I started manually top feeding the 1/4 of standard nutes as of last night

[​IMG]

No growth change as of yet , ppm is till 998 and pH was brought down from 6.3 to 5.5 just before. Water has been in res for about a week and a bit now.

[​IMG]

No growth change as of yet, ppm is 1180 I haven't added much veg nutes at all i added more the aggressive strength root zone to the both this and the before plants a week after they were not growing and it has made more roots grow but I don't know why its at that level unless pH up and down count?
    The water has been in res for just under 2 weeks.
    PH was at 7.6! I reduced back down to 5.5.

[​IMG]

This plant has had steady growth always, but no explosive growth since I added the CFLs and the extra air pumps.

Didnt check the pH as I change the res today, the pH of the water was 5.5 with just above the standard strength of veg nutes standard silica and root zone added as well.
    Ppm was 1258, I used a different bucket which was washed and sterilised.

I have also actually gone through and trimmed the older deader leaves off as well removing some leaves which were blocking new stems I have counted 13 heads already and I still plant to keep in veg til I finish the other seeds as I want this to be a monster even the autos aren't and I will be taking clones closer to that date.

[​IMG]

Just another top view of how my plants are sitting.
    I am thinking of pulling the two smaller ones if they don't start growing in the next few days as they are autos that are ready for harvest in 8 weeks from seed and only grow for a few weeks and its now the 3rd or 4tb week and they are still the same. I don't know if they will worth keeping in there as I have 3 perfect plants without airpumps.

Any more comments tips or suggestions would be awesome.

6. Did you check your ppm after you ph'd your water? Don't forget you must subtract that base number from your recommendation solution nutes per gallon. So mix your ph water then test that ppm without nutes.....write that number down.....then add the correct grow solution according to the manufacturer instructions let sit for five ten mins while bubbling then test that number write it down. Take the number you just got and subtract the first number from your second. That is the real ppm of your water. The base number is usually water impurities that are useless to the building block of the npk solution your plants need...

hell yeah

• Like Like x 1
  7. No, the ppm's of tap are mostly calcium, magnesium, and some iron. They absolutely contribute to the total makeup of the nutrient solution.
    Careful with your advice, Jay.

euro, your ppm's are too high and you damned well better calibrate your pH meter properly.
    Might as well throw out those two autos. Doubt they'll yield much of anything. Wasting money on nutes and power basically.

A little research would go a long way.
    Best of luck.

• Like Like x 3
  8. If you are using ro water there shouldn't be much of anything other than small amounts of impurities such as dust or what have you. And yeah like crankz said tap or well water has trace minerals sorry I forgot to specify that.

hell yeah

• Like Like x 1
  9. Edit ro water should be near zero depending on the condition of your "clean" reservoir

hell yeah

• Like Like x 1
  10. You could always collect rain water man and mix in that..probably easier than fucking with the pH

hell yeah

• Like Like x 1
  11. #91 euroguy1989, Jun 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
    And which ppm is high the small ones or the big one? I thought the big one was just about right.

I thought there was no point changing the res for the small ones because the don't look nute burned and don't know if I'm a keep em yet or not so I don't want to waste good nutes on something I will toss in the next few days if I don't see growth.

So what do you do? Do you have a ro water filter on your tap or something or do use tap water?

I just had a look and that's all I could pretty much find online, I heard you can buy it some places by the litre but I have 6 bucket at 20 litres each that's like 120 litres each week or two if I were to buy it that's sound financially suicidal. That and I would have no room at all to spare all the other water I keep to store.

That's the only reason I have been using tap water, I always calibrate my pH pen to 7.1 with fresh water with every use and if goes out midcheck I use fresh water and calibrate again.
    In my part of the world the water is pretty clean despite some fluoride and iron like most places.
    If you don't use tap water what would you suggest?

That's a fair call about ripping the plants I am leaning pretty hard towards that then I get put the new ones in and when I get the new pump have 3 or 4 tubes per bucket with only 4 plants. I am giving them til tomorrow though and if there no visible growth as there hasnt been since I put them in... I'm a toss them.

I'm worried about the new ones having the same issue I am crossing my finger to see new growth by tomorrow morning and that there not stunted.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Like I said to cranks above man, I have 6 buckets in total 20 litres each at 120 litres in total so if I change the rest weekly or fortnightly and have to buy that shit by the litre it would be financially suicidal that and I would have no left over room to store what I'm not using. The only thing I could really see is something like an to filter you can buy but eben then they look like they take up way too much room hence the reason I built my grow area on a balcony.

And the same issue with rain water my balcony has a roof so I wouldn't get much/would take up way too much room on the ground.

I'm just hoping with the extra air pumps that will kick growth off.

13. Yo man, I do use RO. I also use a high quality meter and all the proper cleaning, calibration, and storage solutions.

You can read what I do here. crankz's corner

The two plants in my flower area are at 800 ppm. Just because you don't see nute burn on yours doesn't mean your not getting salt build up. Which locks out uptake and stunts growth...

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  14. Yeah if you are gonna go hydro man you need to have proper lab equipment. Crankz has been doing this for awhile . You don't need a ro machine if you have bad water simply buy ph up and down and mix according then add nutes measure again. There are certain orders to follow as well start with microbes after adjust ph then the grow solution. I'm still reading this stuff as I grow in soil.....and you can grow monsters in soil...maybe not as fast but I can grow just as much off 1 plant in a 5 gallon bucket of soil as someone can in 5 gallon hydro. Just a thought until you feel comfortable doing hydro.....hate to see you waste seeds man. $$$$

hell yeah

• Like Like x 1
  15. Edit 5 gallon fabric pot* not plastic ***

hell yeah

• Like Like x 1
  16. Look up air pruning plants. Monster plants in small soil pots

hell yeah

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dude that's what's I have been doing the whole time? There ain't no such thing as dwc with out pH up and down.

Changing to soil would be silly at this stage considering every thing I have paid for so far that and i have only been growing since the end of march and even if was a shit harvest I still got 1 harvest via dwc in my basket another 2 months I should hopefully have got the formula right or at the very least be better then I am now.

When I was a kid most peoples houses who had a hydro setup didn't have any ro filter or tds metres or any big lab equipment, they just had lights buckets and pH metres/nutes. That shit has come with time, sif I'm a change it up and relearn everything with soil because I don't have 10 grand when I have most of what I need already. I'm not ranting at you man but what your saying isn't very helpful.
    Most other things you have said have been helpful including info about ppm but telling me how to pH down tap water when I wouldn't even be able to feed seedlings if I didn't know how to do that is just a random as fuck thing to say haha.. That's why crankz was asking about ppm pH levels and calibration not telling me how to lower pH or how to add nutes just to monitor ppm. If I didn't know that I would not have got past the first stage.

I still have no idea why the last seedlings didn't grow I am just putting it down to moving them to early. I still think this grow will go better then the last.
    For one I have had a 100% germ rate with this lot seeds compared to before and I now have a bigger light more room and I still have one plant at 2 months of veg and will be at 4 months of veg by time I finish the autos off.
    So yeah man really no point swapping mediums or even considering it til I finish my current grow.

Anyways man, I'm not trying to start shit but yeah those kind of comments 3 weeks into a new grow or retelling me something you learn before you even germ the seeds isn't going to help me at all.

18. They look awesome man, I went to look at your page the other day but got distracted by 2000+ pages haha. I will have another look tonight.
    I bought most this stuff while I was at my last job but the place shut in April so my income has dropped quite a bit or else I would buy a better pH metre and a ro filter so I'm trying to make use of what I got but am still willing to buy small things like airpumps. Once I get a new job I will get all the better stuff but for now I have too make do.

I've took your advice on checking ppm, light proofing and tossing the stunted autos I am just about to write a new update now, have a sus when I'm done I'm sure you will be happy with what I did just before.

19. Update

So I have ripped the stunted autos out, I have put the new 3 in with a fresh res each. Ppm was 448 for the lowest, one was inbetween and ppm was highest at 580 in one bucket. PH has been changed to 5.3.

It took me ages but I have also light proofed the new lids as you can see below. Will take new photos tomorrow if any changes.

[​IMG]

One layer of paper

[​IMG]

Then a garbage bag

[​IMG]

New autos added. A picture of new lids.

20. #100 Jay_R_1787, Jun 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
    you've been trying since march......
    I never said you should switch I'm saying it's a waste of your money fyi an auto should grow in 90 days seed to jar. if you are paying for all this shit and getting nothing. We are here to help but you can take this info and do what you want with it. And yes if you have a good system ph would be the last of your worries(they sell automatic reservoir controls) but you need to learn more about the chemical makeup of your nutrients and even the order to mix them in. And you think I haven't grown before [​IMG] that's on small bottom branch.....

hell yeah

• Like Like x 1