Mars 300w led

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by runhomie1013, Aug 17, 2017.

1. My diy grow tent 3x3 and 4ft tall.
    Can I use one Mars 300w led for one 5gal bubbleponics setup
    Also planning to LST and Scrog

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2. 1 marshydro 300 can handle a single plant or 2 smaller plants. LST and scrog both good training techniques to gain a higher yield as both provide better light penetrating.

My current 6 Jock Horror Autos, coco coir grow. :gc_rocks:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Eh if you are wanting to actually fill that 3x3 out with that one plant you will definitely need 2-3 lights... if you plan on just doing an average sized plant 1 light will work... but don't expect to have the plant reaching wall to wall and that mars 300 preform by itself.

Feel free to check out my journal to get an idea of the area they cover.

Grow journal

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. OK thanks I'll definitely check it out.
    But would one Mars led be OK for now and add a second one by the time it's ready to flower?
    I'm growing a hybrid of blue dream and girl scout cookies. I believe it's autoflowering

• Like Like x 2
  5. Yeah that'd work fine.

• Like Like x 2
  6. girl scout is auto , blue dream is not auto flower

7. Hard to grow autos and photos in same area unless you keep the photo in veg. 12/12 lighting will reduce autos yeild.

8. wow didn't know that 12/12 hurts auto yeild ( never done one ) so autos in flower you can give more then 12 hours of light ?

9. You can pretty much run it whatever schedule you want, but generally 20-24 lighting is best. I run mine at 20.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I was told it was a hybrid of the two

11. Is 20hrs on 4hrs off

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  12. +1 to upinsmoke. I ran mine on 24-0 for 4 weeks and now tapering down to 20-4 reducing 1/2 he e cry 2-3 days. They seem to be reacting better to this schedule and got my preflowers. I still feel my plants are behind though.

Check out my first grow log:

First ever grow: How do the girls look?

• Like Like x 1
  13. I originally was running 24 but switched to 20 hours because it seemed like the plants were stunted. Once I switched lighting to 20/4 is seen a significant amount more new growth.

• Like Like x 2
  14. One for veg will work ok. These have very narrow spread so the light will only really give you good par reading in a 1-1.5 square foot area under the light. You can raise the light but you'll lose par. Two should be fine for flower in a 3x3 tent. I run one on for seedlings. Two on for veg, and three on for flower in a 2x4 tent, although 4 wouldve been better. Remember they only put out about 130w even though they advertise as 300. You typically double the light in flower as the plant is supposed to double in size. My new set up will be a combination of hid and led, got a 4x4 tent so I can start perpetual harvests.

• Like Like x 2
  15. I did 24 hours threw my entire Grow did great

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. 1 mars is enough to flower 1 plant as another said .. 2 mars = better :)

• Like Like x 2