Mars 1200 + 700 in 4x4 - replace 700?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by The_Green_Goblin, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Ladies and gentlemen,

I've been using the Mars range of LED's and they have been really good. I've ended up with some nice buds growing finally on one plant, and another two showing promise. Took a while to get the hang of this growing weed thing but I'm getting there :)

Anyways, my question relates to replacing the 700.. I wanted to go full LED, but I've heard a lot of good things about mixing lights... So I was thinking about mounting my 600w HPS in there instead of the Mars 700...

My experience has been that plants grown in HID, end up hating LED, but the reverse for LED to HID. I've noticed they easily recover and enjoy he Hid light almost immediately...

So it's just a thought at the moment. I have 3 autos in flower now, but would like to help them produce a bit more..

Problem being my HPS hood is huge and the Mars 1200 is fucking enormous and near 40lb :p

I know a lot of people use solo lights and some mix. Would love to hear experiences of people who use both and the pros and cons...

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1353063-mars-1200w-auto-grow-silver-haze-white-lsd.html

2. #2 killset, Feb 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2015
    400 watt mars 2 on one side 600 watt hps on the other. Where they overlap grows crazy fast. Been Flip flopping the lights.

Attached Files:

3. #3 killset, Feb 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2015
    LST with both lights. I like it

Attached Files:

4. I think you would be fine with just the two LED lights. I would maybe run led for two days to one day mh. That might work best and you would easily set up with timers.