Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Married and smoking

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by SilkkNLPc, Jul 15, 2009.

1. I don't know how much my advice would mean to you but...

I really think you should consider listening to your wife. There are always sacrifices that need to be made in true love and marrage and your wifes request seems to be a reasonable one.
    Being able to smoke freely on weekends and special occations should be enough.

If you truely love her then I think you should accomodate her wishes.

2. im guessing ur a girl. hahaha i totalyl got that vibe from your comment

3. Smoke her up. Let her experience the pleasures of herb.

4. at some point shes going to make you choose between smoking and the marriage. no one can make the decision but you, bud.

5. At least she knows. I have a friend who has hidden it from his wife for 18 years. I honestly find that a bit contemptible because I believe one should always be honest with one's spouse, especially about important parts of life such as drug use of any kind.

I can't relate to OP's problem though as my wife smokes and knew up front of my love for the Plant. She wasn't a very frequent smoker when we met but now it's just about a nightly thing. I'm also teaching her how to grow, and she helps me with my plants.

Have a serious talk with her. Show her 'The Union'. Feed her with facts. You sound like you're a mature responsible adult and you take care of the business of life. I hope she sees reason and backs off.

That being said, if my wife suddenly went insane and didn't want me to grow or smoke anymore I would probably stop. She means more to me than anything else in this world.

6. :smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking:

7. Oh boy you're in that sticky situation.

I tell you man there's no reasoning with a woman who has her mind set on something. If she's against weed and pushing you to quit then I'd take it seriously.

Have to ask yourself what's more important the herb or the marriage. Hate to be so blunt but it really is that cut and dry. The arguements will get worse and what seemed like a small problem becomes a huge issue.

Been in several relationships where weed smoking was fine then they snap one day and deemed it bad. All down hill from there. You can try to sneak around but you always get caught. Who likes sneaking around anyway.

You won't ever convince her to change her mind.

8. That's why I have a tattoo of her with "ONE LOVE" written on a ribbon that's flowing in and out of the leaves. :D

She never lets me down, is always a pleasure to spend time with, and even though she might be a little high maintenance during growth, she repays you tenfold in the end.

Now, try supporting and providing everything for a human girl, and watch her shriek in horror when you take a personal moment and toke up. :mad:

Yes, I'm one of these guys who's had a girlfriend or two that "switched teams" abruptly, or merely tolerated my smoking until finally cracking one day. I used to quit or go on tolerance breaks for these girls... but since brushing up on my pimp hand skills, I've since stopped doing that for them and just flat out tell them: you knew about my habit in the beginning and you have no right to demand me to stop. If she likes her alcohol or tobacco, I'll point out the hypocrisy. I don't date girls who are chronic drunks or cig smokers though. Most of the time.

One of the members on here mentioned having a girlfriend who tokes but refuses to even discuss pot. I have an ex-gf who is exactly like that! Maybe we're talking about the same girl? lol.
    Because her brother is a stoner too, she was used to being around marijuana and would even take hits out of her brother's bong if he offered it to her. We all smoked together a couple times too. But whenever I began talking about the finer points of marijuana, such as legalization or medical benefits, she would get angry with me. That was always a WTF and buzzkill moment for me.

9. How sad...

10. My thoughts exactly.

11. If your wife wants you to quit smoking, then theres reasons behind it. Ask her why. It is illegal, it dums you down, and if your high 24/7, then how do you think she feels? Listen to your woman, and if you can, smoke every once in a while.

12. That's the only part I had a problem with in the initial post of this thread. She might be able to compromise, and unless one is a medical patient there is no need to be high all day all the time. Doing so once in awhile is OK but all the time? That's the sign of a problem IMO.

13. I wanted one sentence to sum up my feelings on the matter and I remembered something I heard a while ago. It's fitting for this situation, I believe.

As far as I'm concerned, a man who is whipped is not truly a man. And it goes both ways too. No adult should try and control another, especially if they 'love' each other.

The issue here is not about weed, it's about having a healthy relationship. Caving in to your spouse's demands only breeds resentment. Compromise, find a middle ground, but never cave in. If you do, it's the beginning of the end.

I grew up in that kind of environment. My parents, for as long as I can remember, are in some kind of arms race to see who can take more away from each other. It is not a healthy environment, trust me.

I've been with my girlfriend now for about 3 years, and we've lived together for 2 of those 3. We NEVER fight. Know why? Communication. If there's an issue, we discuss it and find a mutually beneficial solution. We don't try to control each other, because that's fucked up.

14. you just need to educate her man
    idk if this will work, but ask her to take a puff, then i bet she will see the light
    p.s. is she hot?:smoking:

15. nah, i smoke all the time
    i dont have a problem

16. Hey if you're holding down a job, paying taxes, taking care of business, etc. then it's all good.

17. lol exactly
    but in see where your coming from, weed shouldnt fuck your life up

18. People sometimes ask me why I never take t-breaks. It's because I only wake and bake once or twice a week. Most days it's mid to late afternoon when I smoke. You'd be amazed at what that does for your tolerance. Basically I take a mini-t break five or six days a week ;)

19. I smoke mostly at night. Unless i have a day off and im alone to do nothing, then I will smoke during the day. Smoking at night is very peaceful and relaxing to me. To the OP, you should stop smoking during the day, and smoke at night. Just have your green waiting for you. You will be anxious to smoke it, but it will be worth the wait.

20. I could never marry a girl that doesn't smoke. That is something I do with all the girls I date and just enjoy smoking with girls. I would never change my ways for someone because its my own thing and I've been addicted to worse. I'm not strung out on xanax anymore so if my girls cant deal with me toking a bit, fuck them.