Marriage and Sex

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by limetree, Oct 28, 2011.

1. So, my boyfriend and I are pretty serious. We've been dating for a year and a half. We live together and have talk about getting married very often (basically, we just are not in the right financial situation currently to get engaged right now).

I'm nervous that we will become that old married couple that never has sex. Does that happen to everybody, or is there a way to prevent it? I mean, it seems kind of unlikely that every single couple out there stops having sex after a while. I feel like sex is a really important part of a relationship.
    We currently have sex at least once a day, if two or three times. I'd just hate to only have sex once a week or... once a month. :eek:

Anyway... opinions?

2. As long as neither of you get fat it shouldn't be too hard, but I mean when you get to a certain age it just doesn't work. Could you imagine being all old and wrinkly tryna get it in? It'd be weird, and kinda gross, what if you had dentures while going down on someone and they fell out or some shit

3. Once your together for more than 2 years it goes from being "sex" to "intercourse":(

4. I must be on the wrong boat then, because it's been 3 years for me and it's still sex :confused: Still just as passionate and wild like it was in the beginning.

But every relationship is different. Some will say that it all changes when you get married, others will say it all changes when you start living together.
    I think that if the amount of sex is decreasing in the relationship, it's best to talk to each other about it. There are times where life just gets hectic and then before you know it your like shit we haven't had sex in X amount of time.

5. the only thing you have to remember is a man will almost never deny sex. as you get older, as long as you want to fuck, it will most likely happen.

6. Well I was in a very long relationship (7yr)

Went from about everyday to once every other month. :(

He said it was bc he got fat ,, I told him over and over it didnt bother me. But there were other problems in the relationship.

Id put on sexy undies and basically throw myself at him. Rejection feels bad.

7. If sex is an important part of your relationship then I for sure wouldn't get married to him, I don't believe in sex before marriage though.

8. Ummm, it won't happen if you don't let it.

My opinion/advice is to just keep having sex.

9. Being married for 15 years, sex comes and goes, there are times that it is excellent and other times not so much.

When she was pregnant with the 1st, she didn't want sex, 2nd kid she was a nymph, she is in her 30's now so her sex drive is a lot higher than mine, but when I was in my 20's I was an animal.

It's a roller coaster, it has it's highs and lows like anything else.

Don't sweat it.

10. Familiarity breeds contempt. Keep that in mind if you want marriage.

11. Well your the girl in the relationship. So hop on him and go about having sex when you want and he will have no opposition to it! :)

12. If/when you have kids, your sex life might take a hit.

13. married does not bean bad sex, or less sex
    when we would visit my grandparents, there was one bedroom that was the last to be claimed.
    married for over 50 years, and they still made a racket. every damn night. old and wrinkled and still *shudder*

14. More likely your gonna be the one rejecting him lol

15. What does marriage have to do with sex? It's just a word that's tacked on to a long-term relationship. If being committed to someone for several plus years makes you stop fucking them, don't blame it on "marriage".

16. It's about about Orifice rotation...