Marriage a new trend?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by smokingsunshine, Jan 25, 2013.

1. I can't figure out why on earth anybody would wanna get married after only seeing someone for a couple months. That's a big commitment, in such little time. My friend recently got married to this guy that she dated for 3, yes, THREE, months. And now? She's pregnant! Wtf! I saw her baby bump and I was like :eek: My other friend's boyfriend just proposed to her the other day. They've been dating 7 months, not even a full year! Like really? I guess the ring would be nice, but if a guy proposed after three months, I'd be like :confused: I don't even know your middle name!

Thoughts?

2. Way to early. I would wait at least a year.

3. I know a couple that got married after knowing each other for 6 months, and they have been very happily married for the past 7 years. Maybe "soul mates" do exist lol.

4. Aw, I'm happy for them. I always say go with your gut feeling, but there's always that fear lurking in the back of my mind, that "what if..."

5. thats too fast

6. I don't judge. People are going to do what they want. Even though I don't believe anyone can find true happiness within a marriage, I do think it's just some peoples paths of experience.

To each his own. :)

7. marriage is a trap dont do it

8. They need to fucking over haul the whole marriage system to accomidate for equal marriage rights and other legal bullshit, marriage should be about love, not everything else.

9. During my younger days I knew this petite Latina that had 2 kids and a husband while in school. She was 17 her man looked like he was 30.

I let them be nah mean?

Need a Professional Grower? Well to bad you can ask for one on GC.

10. They should make divorce easier so I can be a free woman!!!

11. You're sooo right! Marriage is a huge step and I find it funny when people marry people they have only dated a few months.

12. IMO marriage is pointless.

It shouldn't take marriage to show that you truly love somebody.

And not to mention the fact that I can literally count on one hand couples who have stayed together for a very long time and are still together to this day.

13. It is not time or opportunity that is to determine intimacy;—it is disposition alone. Seven years would be insufficient to make some people acquainted with each other, and seven days are more than enough for others.
    Sense and Sensibility.

14. So true. I totally agree.