Marketing for Marijuana Businesses??

Discussion in 'Marijuana Business and Industry' started by KVLTIVAR_, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Hey all!

I'm just wondering how many of you who own/run cannabis businesses (rec or med) or accessory businesses (smokeware etc) have hired people to help with your marketing?
    Maybe as copywriters or social media people?

Trying to advertise cannabis is confusing af with all the laws right?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Do you smoke MJ ?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lol. I guess there's people into weed who don't smoke it, but that's my preferred method

• Like Like x 1
  4. Is that a yes or a no ?

5. How do you smoke that

6. I think it’s a matter of time before we see heavy marketing in the industry. I think it can be on the level of the booze and coffee companies at some point. There needs to be a pot sponsored race car.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Think the potential for market segmentation is huge as there'll be all kinds of segments that can be marketed to. You'd have the mom and pops using for pain and an alternative to cheeky wines. New users that'll need to be marketed out of reefer madness hangover. Then you'll have the connosieurs that'll be all about the strain and terp profile. Looking forward to it getting legalised in NZ as it's the perfect place for it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. When it comes to digital marketing, content has always reigned supreme. Therefore it's no wonder that content reigns supreme when it comes to selling medical marijuana. People must be educated about the numerous benefits (and facts) of medical marijuana, and content marketing is the best method to accomplish this.

The idea is to create highly relevant, user-centric content that addresses the problems and concerns that your target market is asking – or looking for.

When people need information, they will always resort to Google to look it up. While you won't be allowed to market medical cannabis on Google or Bing, cannabis-related material will still be indexed and ranked. Give your visitors a platform for medical cannabis news, research, insights and culture to highlight the environmental and medicinal potential of cannabis.

Keep in mind that the primary goal of any initial content marketing campaign is to deliver value and information. You're seeking to establish a list of highly qualified prospects interested in your medical marijuana goods. Thus the more value you supply in your material, the more trust your audience will have in you.

And of course, the use of social media to market and promote medical marijuana is a no-brainer. Advertising on social media is an entirely different ball game. But that doesn't rule out the possibility.

• Like Like x 2
  9. It's problematic to advertise in social networks, because there are so many people on the social networking site.

10. In colorado Ive only read they need to keep adverts away from minors,seems like a tough hurdle
    Which seems like why they are in there own magazines.
    Allegedly just last year they allowed billboard usage nov 2020

Sent from see through door in another dimension

11. All of that sounds great.... really awesome, perfect business models thought out well by budding entrepreneurs. This is how big business is done!
    Unless you have a license in Montana.... then you are pretty much screwed.
    Check out the list of regulations regarding advertising that we have currently being suggested:
    No social media ads ( FB , IG, Twitter )

Dispensaries can have only two signs, only on the building, only 11 sq ft, no depictions of cannabis plants. No color, just black and white images, except if we choose to we can use the “ state approved “ green cross image. And we will need to put TWO warning labels ON THE DAMN SIGN!

No billboards, flags or banners.

No tv or radio advertising

No sponsoring any local events

we can have a website, but no images of cannabis on the home page, and must be age verified to access.

Meanwhile, liquor stores get a pass on all of this. Oh yeah, I forgot.... and they get to operate within city limits
    :bang:

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. I believe there to be some real truth lurking beneath the surface of what we're mostly being told within tobacco/cannabis crossover marketing and consumption. Trends are showing the two are merging, yet outwardly the regs are as far apart as they can be without looking too stupid. Eventually, cannabis consumers will have less expensive and more approachable options but not before the fat cats try to set the price as high as they can get it. The average consumer can spend up to $400 a month at a Midwest dispensary on a bag of flower, a couple of cartridges and a few edibles when in all actuality it should cost less than half that. Concentrates are widely available with an 8$ gram of shatter yielding nearly six cartridges!! Edibles can be made at home through decarboxylation of home grown aegis 1.jpg flower. Unfortunately, the marketing for convenience overrules the economics of homemade vape oil that can be put in this device initially intended for nicotine...

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. I would like to sell weed, it's great money now. I don't know where to look for a good job at all

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. If it's legal to advertise can you not put a disclaimer on the post like seed banks do?
    "Please follow your local laws"

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yikes, that is strict. As @potpotato1 mentions above, there is still this reefer madness phase at play. I would hope some of this gets relaxed.

16. It did!
    After hearing public comment, they have backtracked and are coming back with a revision soon.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. I think it’s all about the t shirts bruh. T shirts.

18. Well...many cannabis businesses have sought the expertise of professionals to navigate these challenges and develop effective marketing strategies within the legal boundaries.

Hiring individuals with experience in cannabis marketing, copywriting, or social media can be beneficial in creating engaging content, understanding compliance requirements, and targeting specific audiences.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I've been running a rec cannabis business and tweak our marketing in-house. We started with social media platforms and SEO. Hiring a freelance copywriter helped us convey our brand's voice better.

20. #20 Marty1730, Sep 27, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2023
    I co-run a med cannabis business, still small but growing. Finding the right marketing strategy was largely trial and error to start out. One thing that really helped us scale was understanding how our competitors were running their social media campaigns.
    To do this, we used this AdSpy software. This platform dissects competitor's ad strategies on social media. We could see what worked for them and, more importantly, what didn't, which saved us time and resources. It's like learning from their mistakes and successes without making our own first.