Mark Loyd's plan to silence "conservative radio" in action

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dronetek, May 20, 2010.

1. I know what he's saying... that's why I called him a racist.

2. Go watch that video... how are the black people in that video racist as Dronetek assumes? The only reason he calls them racist is because they are black... so yep, seems like racism to me.

3. I watched it and im not argueing that.. im argueing about THIS THREAD that you seem to have forgetten about.

Here in lies your problem

4. Eh.. whatever. Back on topic then:wave:

5. Drone isn't racist (I don't think), but he can be a little too open-minded. His threads usually speak on conspiracies of the some of the most hollow agendas to be. 70% of those theories have something to do with racism. I wish I knew why sometimes, but fuck it.

6. #26 Dronetek, May 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2010
    I'm not defending any white supremacy organization. You misunderstand. Please stop derailing the thread.

I think you might be... :rolleyes:
    Right and you're only calling me a racist because I'm white. Please, stop with this stupid shit. My beliefs on "race" are probably way beyond your comprehension. There is one race to me, the human race.

7. :hello::hello::hello::hello::hello:

8. Yep and thats exaclty what happened in this thread. IT was all attacks against Dronetek not against what he was accualy saying in this thread. I'm mean shit smoketree you've posted that in atleast 3 on drones threads.

9. It's funny that liberals care so much about the proportion of people who listen to radio and what political bias those shows have. It's called supply and demand. There's not much demand for 'liberal radio', because liberal news demand is in the newspaper and television industries. Many radio listeners are people who are retired/elderly, and lived through the depression-era, and not up to date with technology. My grandparents used to listen to the radio exclusively when I was younger, but now they've caught up with the times and get their daily does of conservative indoctrination from FOX News, but they still listen to the radio on a daily basis.

I'm really fucking curious... why the fuck do liberals care? People who are interested in current events will get their current events from those that represent their views the best, and it just so happens that a single demographic trends towards 1 out of 4 of the major media forms. The liberals basically control newspaper and television (by sheer number), but it's 'unfair' that conservatives dominate the radio waves? How the fuck is it 'unfair'? It makes absolutely no fucking sense at all. Liberals watch tv and get their coveted NYT, so why does it bother them so much that they have to impose their will on radio listeners?

10. Oh, and for the record--whoever doesn't get their news from the internet is missing out. The internet is superior to any form of media in every single way possible.

11. #31 junkyarddog, May 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2010
    i think you already know the answer to that...some liberals whine about conservative radio for the same reason that some conservatives whine about the liberal media.
    they are two conflicting ideologies so naturally, one side is goin to think that the media is misinforming, lying, brainwashing, etc.. the other side

i'm liberal but i personally dont give a fuck...im not a big fan of opinion based programing, i prefer to get my information from unbiased(or at least as close as possible) sources like the wonderful internet
    you guys can have the radio because the talk radio listening demographics is mostly conservative anyways
    i also think you guys are blowing this "liberal media" stuff way out of proportion

12. I don't.

But Fox News has the highest television ratings for news programs - but why do conservatives care about the 'liberal' media?

The tea baggers complain about this all the time.

13. I think it has to do with the sheer number of liberal media outlets vs.... FOX.

14. Like Aaron said, its the sheer number. Its much easier for the left wing media to manipulate perceptions, because there are so many of them repeating the same thing. It looks more believable than the rouge Fox News organization's unique take on events.

15. Well, that's my problem with Fox News. And even liberal outlets.

I think Fox is too far reaching with it's claims of liberal bias. I also think Fox is too ambiguous with it's definition of News.

I don't see how Fox could have a 'unique" take on events and have it still be news. Doesn't a unique take make it an opinion?

I'm not saying Olbermann, Maddow or any other show with a talking head in place is news. I believe we know, for the most part, those are opinion shows. O'Reilly is giving his opinion just the same as they are. But for me news should be vanilla and ubiquitous.

If the majority of opinion shows are liberal then doesn't that conflict with the right's desire for a free market? Doesn't that then correlate the high demand for liberal talk shows because of the way the public chooses to accept their news? Just the way the conservative domination of radio demonstrates the high demand for right wing opinion in their news?

I'm not trying to take a right/wrong approach I just think it's a pot/kettle issue at this point.