Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

marinol synthetic thc u taken it?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by tipsy, Jun 18, 2004.

1. i know this dosent look right here well again maybe it does i oringally posted this in medicnal mary jane fourm but some reason its gone but i was just wondering has anyone heard of taken or know someone who has taken the pill called marinol for u who do not know its a synthetic form of thc thats prescribed to anorexic patinets who take it and it gives u the munches and allows them to eat without vomiting its also givin to caner patients for same reasons and it has many warnings if takeing to much will give very simalir effects to smoking pot so i thought this was interesting and sounds pretty cool to try

http://www.marinol.com/

^^^
    offical site

http://www.pdxnorml.org/HT_Marinol_0794.html

^^^
    high times article

2. ya its perscribed for aids & cancer patients.... i think its just a synthetic form of thc or whatever chemcial in bud that helps people with such illness.....

3. My advise to you tipsy is... use periods. It was incredibly hard for me to read what you said.

4. somewhere i read if you break a marinol open and put the stuff inside on your bud it will make even the shittyest bud good

5. I had a friend who said he took some. There timereleased so he broke open six tablets and took them, but he said it was not the best high. It makes you really pariniod and its a really cerebral. Not much body high either.

But thats just an account of a friend, i've tried to get it before but it seems to be very hard to find. I would like to take some and then smoke some really couchlock indica dominent strain, and just get Fucked up! :)

6. 30 caps of 10mg pills cost $512 at your local pharmacy...

I think bud is cheaper :) you can also make pure thc with hash oil...

7. Damn thats expensive. I'd get alot higher smoking two ounces than eating thirty of them pills. But I guess their purpose isn't to get ya high, is it? Hah.

8. I Think thats why there not popular and hard to find. No ones going to pay that much for them, it would be better to get a perscrition of vicodin or somas from a drug dealer stand point.

9. prices would go down if peole started robbing drug stores for them, like they were doing with oxycontin when it was new on the market. all i ever heard about was another CVS getting broken into for oxycontin

but obviously bud is cheaper, better and easier to get w/o risking as much so theres a good chance theyre isnt going to be a series of marinol robberies.

10. does swallowing a pill really help with nausea?

11. ya look at gravol its famous

12. If it isn't time-released could you smoke a marinol pill in a bowl?

13. it is time release, but usually the time release agents are like milk or sugar or something of the like (I know it's not exactly milk and sugar, but they are similar)

just bust the capsule open and throw it on top. I bet you get higher.

14. Word. But marinol is legal.

15. If I'm not mistaken my friend has smoked it.

16. Wait, how could marinol pills work if they aren't heated up? Or are they beforehand or something?

17. you can ingest weed and get high theres more then one way to dissolve the thc into your blood, however you do it youll know its working(cause youll feel high)

18. I met a woman once who had cancer(bladder?) and she was on them. I asked her about them and she said they suck. Supposedly it give you the mental high of good bud and the physical high of shitty bud. She also said that the way it hits you can be very unpleasant. I've never tried them myself but that's what she told me. Hope that helps.

As for the price, a lot of pills cost a few hundred dollars, especially medicine for terminal illnesses. That's what insurance is for. Many pharmacies also don't carry it since it requires more paperwork than other medicine.

19. And it doesn't work for me. It may work for some ,but not me. I have H.I.V. and Hep C and am on a lot of pills that make me nauseaus. I couldn't eat and was down to 119 pounds. They tried Marinol on me and all Marinol did was make the nauseau even worse! Imagine having to take a handful of pills and then being told to eat. Impossible!!!! I would get sick and the Marinol just made it even worse. So for me the only way was MEDICINAL CANNABIS!!! I am one of less than 600 people in Canada legally allowed to both grow and possess my own Cannabis. It has saved my life and my health continues to improve to the point that I am now at 185 pounds and am still on the same Anti-Retroviral Therapy I started on almost 2 years ago. So , for some Marinol may work, but not for me. Enough pills already,,,, how can taking more pills take away the nauseau associated with taking pills in the first place? Peace!!!

20. marinol is alright....at first, i swallowed 3 and in maybe a half hour i started feelin pretty baked. then i took a bong rip of some nice grapefruit buds and was locked....i got 50 pills to sell to people, but i only sold 10 and gave him some chronic. not sure what the thread was about but if thats it, then right on...