Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

marinol for bi polar and depression

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by newgrass, Feb 26, 2009.

1. i have a medium case of depression and a mild case of bi polar. i was wondering if marinol would help me at all? marijuana has helped me a lot but when i told my parents about it, they disaproved because of the legal actions should i be caught with it. so i offered to try marinol. marijuana has caused my moods not to swing and for me to not have to many unhappy days.

so my question is would marinol have the same effects even though its normally used to help things like food eating problems and such?

oh also. i live in nj, and we might be about to get MMJ=D *crosses fingers*
    i know as of now if the bill passed i would not qualify for it. however i was wondering. my sister has a VERY BAD case of bi polar. she has been going to doctors for years and years and has had countless meds. was wondering if maybe all of that would be able to get her a card and then she could just give me the MMJ. i would only use it in the house *maybe right outside door as to not smell up the place* and if any cops ever came i could just hand her back the MMJ and call it hers.
    would like 10 or so years and 100's of meds maybe count her to get a card?

2. As to whether or not marinol would work for you ... the only answer anyone can give you is "maybe." Marinol is not marijuana. Marijuana is not marinol. Marinol contains compounds found in marijuana, not all of them. It would, probably, help, though not identical to the way natural marijuana would.