Marines

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by thaSPACEkadet, May 30, 2013.

1. There are enough marines without a family. It would be pretty selfish of you to do in my opinion, just being totally honest. Especially if you have an opportunity for a good job.

You could compromise and go into a different branch of the armed forces where you will be available to be with your family a reasonable amount of time.

If you are solely interested in joining the USMC then im guessing its because the chaos of war sounds appealing, you can always do other adrenaline filled activities like amateur paintball.

I am fascinated by the idea of being a soldier, but not for America or any other oppressive government.

2. Were you a grunt?

3. Yea for 4 years

4. Where you in? What mos where you?

5. #25 GanjFarmer', Jun 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2013
    I'm considering the military at this time in my life so I'm just gonna sub to this..

How do you guys think the military helped you once you were no longer in? Valuable skills, money, paying for schooling ect ect.

6. Admin. staple gunner lol.

I've got the upmost respect for grunts. I basically had a 9 to 5

7. Well afteri finished I have my G.I. Bill and I can use that for school as well as there are alot of help that you can get for free. Iv been going to the hospital for free do that's not bad

And I wanted to say we all had our jobs to in the end of the day do the the same thing. Follow orders lol and thanks. Where you in lejune?

8. No. I was stationed at Quantico. I worked in IPAC. And follow orders I did. Terminal lance -_-

9. no big deal.... I was too lol less responsibility for me that's how I seen it

10. Don't join the Navy..

Gi Bill is helping my move to another state that much easier..also Navy helped me work under some of the most idiotic leadership i'll ever have to work under.

Working for people who hate their jobs, officers,and chiefs just doing their time until they can retire...

11. Or the pride and history of the Marine Corps...if you want to be infantrymen why not the Marines? Fighting alongside some of the best America offers.

12. Take it from me, I just got out a few months ago. If you do decide to join, DO NOT go enlisted. Enlisted military is one of/ if not the most stressful jobs ever.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. I also have thought about joining, but can you guys smoke bud now?

14. Family first.

15. Cant wait, I have it in my head that the DI's are just doing their best to break my spirit, its part of their job and part of what makes a Marine. I know better than to take it personally and I know i will be a better person for it afterwards.  I will just have my eyes set on the EGA ceremony and graduation day.

I saw a video where a Senior DI said "when it gets hard  here just tell yourself, this is what it takes to become a Marine, this is what I do"

I've been training pretty hard, going to the gym 6 times a week. I've been trying to get ready for the IST I can do almost 4 dead hang pull ups and run the mile and a half in 11:30, and a full 3 miles is getting easier. I want to be ready for than just the IST though so I'm really going to step it up a notch. I have a warrior spirit and will not fail Boot Camp
    I'll be going to MCRD San Diego

Thank you both for all the advice and support. Semper Fi