Marijuanna Use In Todays Society

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by MaineTokin, Sep 5, 2004.

1. Iv noticed something about the usage of marijuanna in todays world that was not apparent until I started to use it myself about 8 months ago... And that is that marijuanna in some groups has almost moved up into the ranks of alcohol, its all about getting messed up and nothing more or less. I dont believe that people should abuse(might be to strong of a word) it like that, sure its fun to get high but that shouldnt be the main goal..I find when I smoke I like to sit down with some music and relax. While some people like to get high and cause problems and do stupid things in public..

Anyone care to share their views on this subject?

2. Interesting. I'm not assuming your age but I know it has to be at least 18. When I started, I was 16 and I'll admit that in the beginning it was about getting completely fuckerdoodled.

Well, that was a long time ago. I toke daily and it's my refuge, my relaxation (like now, I have my earphones in and I'm listening to the very relaxing Facinaton Street by The Cure. ...yet, I'm missing the strobe lights, I could easily get up and dance right now....ok, I'm high so let me get back to my point....

:getting back to point:

I don't get high to get fucked up necessarily. I do because it's just what I do. It's how I like to be. It's kind of who I am. I kick back, chill and let it all intensify....sometimes it kicks my ass into gear so I can get shit done...like today. It's not about getting so ripped that nothing else matters....at least not on a regular basis. :)

I do stupid shit when I get drunk not when I get high. I'm an aggressive form of me when drunk. I'm a cooler form of me when high!!! :p

(Good one...I need to find the music thread.)

3. I wouldn't call getting completely fucked up on weed abuse, I mean..I'm in college, I'm supposed to get fucked up...and yeah...I like hangin out, listening to music, going to work stoned and checkin out the stars. But somtimes I WANT to get stoned or/and drunk and go streaking, I guess it all depends on what your defanition of abuse is, I don't believe what you do or even how much you smoke can define an abuser, I think it's more "if your in control of the drug or the other way around" which I have read on this forum.. somtimes I want to get fuckered up and do stupid shit...that's what makes life fun... going streaking.....and then your wife and her friends pulling up next to ya....hey honey...were streaking!!

4. I agree 100%

BUT

We (we being ol'timers) cannot negate the fact that most of
    us tried, and liked for the "fun" at first, some of us without
    even any idea of the door we were walking through.

The problem is being surrounded by at least One person
    whom has passed the point from "getting reeeaaaal high
    just for the fun" so that he may enlighten his fella tokers...

as always when you do something: it so much better when
    you're doin' it with an experienced buddy: he can help you
    become experienced, so that you can then transmit the
    knowledge to other ..

:Astal Projection, 12000 suns; for the million'th time today..:

(imho, as in all my posts)

5. yea i remember when i started token alot i noticed alot more pot references and stuff. Pretty crazy. You meet alot of cool and interesting people tokin too. Thats how i meet my g/f, i use to sell to her.

6. Haha I do stupid shit all the time.

Maine: I really have no idea because I haven't met people yet who ONLY smoke and go fuck up things. Doing stupid things in public is summin I do all thye time, high or sober. If you thinkin' bout doing stupid things to other people...I've never actually experienced that. Here most stoners are stoners. All they do exept weed is alcohol.

Shitty thing is when something bad happens and they find out the perp had been smoking weed, it's always the weed they blame. Not the bottle of JD the guy drank before he smoked a j and then beat up his wife. It's always being blamed on the weed. That's sad

7. I find that when I'm high I'm actually less likely to do something stupid. I think through the consequences of my actions more and am more cautious about things. Alcohol on the other hand has made me do some extremely stupid shit in the past. When I'm drunk enough I have no judgement whatsoever, so I just try to avoid getting that drunk. ;)

8. That is an interesting point, but I think the idea of getting fucked up for fun and to do stupid shit comes with just starting to do weed. I am fairly new to weed...only a few months, really... and some of the time I have the urge to do stuff when I am with people. Its different when I am alone and smoke. When I smoke by myself, its usually to just chill out.

9. It all depends on the situation, i think. There are a few people i know that always want to smoke the best stuff because they don't get satisfied with a nice buzz. they want to get fucked out of their minds... if not, then they think that it's useless... i'm just in it for the experience of smoking with people and feelin like a king.