marijuanna triggers mental illness.

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by cleancanvas, May 14, 2010.

1. #3 FCFondler, May 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2010
    ~age 15 <
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. It's pretty much a matter of mixing up correllation with causation. People prone to mental illness are more likely to seek self medication, hence skewing such studies. A lot more research needs to be done.

3. I used to be depressed (fairly badly) and i'd self medicate with weed whenever I started to feel bad.
    It worked at first, but the next time you're sober for like more than a day you feel like a pile of fuckin garbage. So you could: 1). Not smoke as much, use it in moderation. OR 2). Never be sober for more than a couple hours
    both options are pretty damn hard :smoking:

4. exactly, u cant be sitting in front of a wall full of 3d fantasy art and discount the content u fill ur conciousness with. age old nature vs nuture dilemma. Contrarily, it could haywire your developing CNS
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_Xm6BvmyII]YouTube - BBC Horizon 2009 Cannabis Documentary 3 of 5[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li5nMsXg1Lk]YouTube - parts of the brain[/ame]
    [​IMG]

5. Alcohol triggers domestic abuse.

:eek:

6. I do believe that weed does cause mental illness, I over the period of a last summer smoked a lot more than I ever have, a lot. Slowly but surely, I became more and more paranoid over the time period of a summer. I ended up with anxiety, since then I quit smoking and LOW AND BEHOLD my anxiety has been "cured" and I'm starting to smoke again and feeling of paranoia are coming back.

THis rebuttles the study that people decide to self medicate themselves, because before and after I smoked weed there was no signifant signs of anxiety but during the time I was using it heavily there was, also when I quit it disappeared.

Weed does make you more paranoid, it most definetly does.

7. i have known a few people who had this problem...but you see i have been smoking for almost 30 years now...and it does not make me paranoid at all! not even alittle.....

so maybe it makes "some people" paranoid but not everyone.....we are all different after all

8. One person's anecdotal story does not make something true. Just because you have problems doesn't mean anyone else will or will not.

9. [​IMG]

10. I lost a friend to drug induced psychosis via weed.

I really really didn't want to admit it was the weed, it really wasn't just the weed, but i'll be damned if didn't make matters alot worse.

The poor kid went to a mental hospital, came back, after a few weeks smoked a little and went out partying again, ended up relapsing into psychosis and went straight back to the hospital.

He's back again, but I will tell you right now he is not the same person he was.
    Fact.

I feel that this kid was most likely predisposed to mental illness and the mind altering perception that weed offered totally screwed his chances of avoiding his predisposition.

:( I lost a best friend man. I still do it, but I don't ignore what happened.

11. That is my point. If someone is predisposed to mental illness or is already ill and self medicating it skews the numbers bigtime. Anyone who is predisposed to psychosis can have it triggered by ANY drug really.

12. #15 dirtydingusus, May 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2010

alot of people dont realize weed is not a stimulant or depressant....its more of a sensitizer- it take what ever you already have going on and intensifies it.

just about any drug at all......the numbers never fit for everyone no matter what they say....they only fit the test group.

13. it's an interesting thing that cannabis...

some of my good friends smoke like chimneys and function just fine. They seem happy, enthusiastic, and stable.

some folks, myself included, are affected much differently. Smoking all the time turns me into a different person. I get reclusive, insecure, depressed, and borderline schizophrenic. it isn't pretty. I essentially turn into a depressed zombie with severe mood swings.

I think cannabis, perhaps more than any other drug, affects people in a wide variety of ways.

If someone asked me what it is like to be drunk, I think my description would be similar to theirs.

In terms of getting high on weed, the experiences are all over the place.

14. mixing substances is bad
    [​IMG]

15. Same ere mate not as severe as yours but my best mate was bi polar but it went un diagnosed till he started smoking then he started having mood swings and was kicked out his house

16. It's definitely not the best feeling in the world.
    I don't know about you, but my friend might as well be dead. He is, as George Orwell would say, an "unperson".

17. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3FamVZ6MGM]YouTube - One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest - The Best Of - Part 1[/ame]