Marijuana withdrawal is so real

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Hullabaloo42, Dec 11, 2016.

1. So yesterday I decided to stop smoking. I've been smoking since I was 15, but in the past two years or so I've smoked every day. I didn't do anything without smoking, especially eating and sleeping. The night I decided to quit I was also fucked up on stimulants and alcohol, plus I didn't really eat that day. So I spent the whole day yesterday vomiting my guts up. I've always had a little alcohol problem and I managed to quit for about a year, but it's gotten bad again. I'm not sure if that is playing a big role in this or not, but I think it's mostly from not having weed.

I can't eat or sleep and I have a constant migraine. All food smells bad to me. Like I tried to eat a slice of bread and a banana today and I managed to actually get down like one bite of the banana. Bread smelled bad. Yesterday I couldn't keep water down but now I can and I've drank a couple sodas just to get some kind of calories and energy in me. I didn't believe in weed withdrawal until this happened. Has anyone else had this experience? And if so, what helped you?

2. Sounds like a good ole fashion hangover. The special type that happens when you don't eat and drink.

Weed does have psychological withdrawal symptoms but from experience they usually manifest themselves behavioraly not so much physiologicaly.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Hangover

• Like Like x 3
  4. Sounds like the stimulants not the pot. Maybe postpone your abstinence for another day, smoke a joint to get some food in you and get a good rest. You'll be straight in a day or so. Pot is all psychological addiction. You'll feel irritated or have problems sleeping at most, but usually abstaining from pot brings a lot of clarity to most people.

• Like Like x 6
  5. That makes me feel so much better! Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  6. You should vape some cannabis.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Quit the stimulants and drinking... typically alcohol withdraw / hangover is what you mention above. LOL its a shitty feeling which is exactly ylwhy I quit drinking as soon as I started smoking cannabis.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  8. Everyone who drinks and blames hangovers on weed are children of misfits who turn out to be Daniel Radcliffe.

There is literally physically no withdrawal from weed because you can't be harmed by it, whatsoever. Stop making intelligent people hurt the stupid ones.
    :mad2::devilish::confusedalt:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Haha woah, settle down man. It's been like four days and I'm still not feeling great. It's psychologically addictive, and your mind can affect your body.

10. If you were a habitual smoker wait a few more and you'll be surprised how clear your mind feels after the break. Kinda like the fog has lifted. It's by no means hugely significant but there will be some difference in clarity.. sometimes the dreams come back too and that pretty cool after not having them for a while.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Your avatar pic looks like big dookie lol...is that the big dookie?

12. Just something I found online.

I would assume if there are stimulants and alcohol involved, withdrawal would contain more and stronger symptoms.

Just do a quick Google search there is lots on there.

How did the human race ever survive without Google!!!

What are some of the more common symptoms?

By far the most common symptom of withdrawal is insomnia. This can last from a few nights of practically no sleep at all, up to a few months of occasional sleeplessness. The next most common symptom is depression (that is, if you're not euphoric), and next are nightmares and vivid dreams. Marijuana use tends to dampen the dreaming mechanism, so that when you do get clean the dreams come back with a crash. They can be vivid color, highly emotional dreams or nightmares, even waking up then coming back to the same dream. The very vivid, every-night dreams usually don't start for about a week or so. They last for about a month at most and then taper off. "Using" dreams (dreams involving the use of marijuana) are very common, and although they're not as vivid or emotional as at first, they last for years and are just considered a normal part of recovery.

The fourth most common symptom is anger. This can range from a slow burning rage to constant irritability to sudden bursts of anger when least expected: anger at the world, anger at loved ones, anger at oneself, anger at being an addict and having to get clean. Emotional jags are very common, with emotions bouncing back and forth between depression, anger, and euphoria. Occasionally experienced is a feeling of fear or anxiety, a loss of the sense of humor, decreased sex drive, or increased sex drive. Most all of these symptoms fade to normal emotions by three months. Loss of concentration for the first week or month is also very common and this sometimes affects the ability to learn for a very short while.

What about physical symptoms?

The most common physical symptom is headaches. For those who have them, they can last for a few weeks up to a couple of months, with the first few days being very intense. The next most common physical symptom is night sweats, sometimes to the point of having to change night clothes. They can last from a few nights to a month or so. Sweating is one of the body's natural ways of getting rid of toxins. Hand sweats are very common and are often accompanied by an unpleasant smell from the hands. Body odor is enough in many instances to require extra showers or baths. Coughing up phlegm is another way the body cleans itself. This can last for a few weeks to well over six months.

One third of the addicts who responded to a questionnaire on detoxing said they had eating problems for the first few days and some for up to six weeks. Their main symptoms were loss of appetite, sometimes enough to lose weight temporarily, digestion problems or cramps after eating, and nausea, occasionally enough to vomit (only for a day or two). Most of the eating problems were totally gone before the end of a month.

The next most common physical symptoms experienced were tremors or shaking and dizziness. Less frequently experienced were kidney pains, impotency, hormone changes or imbalances, low immunity or chronic fatigue, and some minor eye problems that resolved at around two months. There have been cases of addicts having more severe detox symptoms, however this is rare. For intense discomfort, see a doctor, preferably one who is experienced with detoxing.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Glad that doesn't happen to me when I take extended T breaks.

14. Ya I'm not sure eonly been smoking a year. I haven't taken an extended break yet. 2 to 3 days is about it LOL.

15. I've taken T breaks that lasted between 2 weeks and/or more but this last break was 3 years. I replaced my munchies/weed with cardio and I was fine. It's psychological. Although, I will be honest...food was not as tasty for a while. That lasted for about a month.

16. All I'm saying is, there is no withdrawal from weed and it's kind of childish to compare life threatening illness like alcoholism and it's withdrawal that actually does kill people. Crying about emotions and not having weed does not compare even in the slightest.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Don't do stimulants and alcohol. Just smoke weed and troll forums like me and you will be just fine i promise.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. You said you had an alcohol problem, and that you quit drinking and were coming down from stims in addition to quitting weed. Call me crazy, but I'd bet every dollar I got that you were suffering from a hangover or even outright alcohol withdrawal. The worst that I (and everyone I know of) has experienced after quitting weed is not being hungry and having trouble sleeping, and various psychological effects. Which when you're used to having the munchies to eat, and using a downer of any kind to get to sleep on a regular basis, is hardly surprising. Hell, people get dependent on OTC sleeping pills, that doesn't mean they're in withdrawal if they can't sleep when they quit. If I don't smoke, I do experience pains that I use weed to alleviate, but that's not really withdrawal either. I think a lot of people mistake physical manifestations of emotional symptoms, underlying health issues, and various aches and pains they have that are typically masked by using cannabis for legitimate physical withdrawal.

Definitely have puked my guts out due to alcohol withdrawal though, most people do. Same with hangovers. I really think alcohol is your problem in this situation. Be careful about quitting alcohol cold turkey, unlike weed, withdrawal from it can cause seizures (no fun), severely elevated blood pressure, hallucinations, and can even kill you. I would highly recommend trying to taper off or seeking medical advice if you quit after drinking heavily for awhile. Hope you feel better soon :smoke: and please be careful with the alcohol. It can keep dragging you into a hell of a hole if you allow it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Well to thrive in life we must find balance, and live in balance.
    Too much of anything will cause an unbalance creating rougher distortions, illusions/obstacles along the way.

Withdraw symptoms are normal but you can control if and how you get them if you become aware beforehand and learn to rule the mind not the other way around.

20. Yeah you were not kind to your body. It prefers cannabis but you have it the opposite. No matter how healthy im eatting and how much i exercise alcohol and stils alsays make me feel like shit. Yeah its a good time but im always accessing my comfort levels and its a bumpy ride from time to time. I rememeber going out for the weekend and treating my body terrible cause i was almost broke, it never helps any situation

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum