Marijuana will be legal in the next 15 years.. in Canada

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Metridixal, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Think about it. The people running the government were all grown up before the big marijuana phase hit in the 60's 70's all the way to the current day.

It's common sense. No one they knew ever blazed so they assumed it was bad because of things like reefer madness. Once we have people born in the late 50's early 60's that know marijuana isn't the devils plant elected, they will push for lesser marijuana laws.

The tobacco use in Canada is decreasing at staggering rates. This opens up for another contender in the industry, Marijuana. Guess who makes money off Tobacco ? The government. Now that less and less people are smoking cigarettes the government won't be making money off it, so they can see marijuana as a cash grab. I'm not sure on the exact statistic but tobacco cost the government more money in the health care bills than they make back in taxes. Marijuana = money.

With global warming the government will be looking towards alternative products. Hemp paper to stop cutting down trees, hemp oil, ect.

At least thats my too cents.

2. I can see that as well. I never thought of Marijuana legalization in terms of the birthdays of those involved in the legal process. It's a good way to look at it though. I hope you're right...I can't wait until you can go to the store and find some high-quality, organic strains of that good ol' green stuff.