Marijuana.. Why is it illegal? my opinion

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by LoueyGG, Sep 4, 2013.

1. So a plant that grows from the ground is illegal... why did they target this specific plant? Ever think of that? Why is weed illegal but smoking poison ivy is completely legal? Why is tabacoo legal when its been proven to kill you? This system is a joke. Who are old white farts up in the congress building to tell us how to live our lives...

My people think about it, we are all brothers and sisters fighting for the same cause. Wherever you go, WE ALL FIGHT FOR THE SAME GOD DAMN THING.... To find happiness in life.. deny it or not, the reason of life comes for a desire of happiness. 

Now think about this? picture in your head a society where alcohol is illegal and not socially accepted but weed is completely accepted and legal.. Do you picture any violence? You probably picture a bunch of people relaxing..its true weed makes you a pacifist. It doesn't make you violent and its almost totally harmless. People all over the world BOND over this herb... you can meet a random person on the street and if he said hey bro wanna go get lifted, you will probably accept and you 2 will probably become good friends.

Now picture this on a world wide scale..... EVERYONE WILL PROBABLY BE FRIENDS! imagine if politicans smoked a joint together instead of drinking a glass of wine...You think there would be as many wars? But these people know this... There in it for there own self benefical causes. These people figured life and figured your mind... If they win your mind they have control over you...
    Just like the music you listen to, wonder why your mood changes when you listen to certain songs? Because its programming now bear with me this may sound crazy hippie talk but its only true. certain music is brain programming...

Than you have Television which ALMOST COMPLETELY ALL OF IT is fucking mind numbing fake garbage. You get these kids hooked on MTV and vh1 and there you have control over the youth.
    And the youth is the future so its a never ending cycle. THEY WILL HAVE FULL CONTROL over the world for eternity you know why? because they have control over the youth.

im stoned right now and i hope this made sense

2. Eventually they die out and the youth become they, often with very different ideals. The world is a global and ever changing place. the shadow hand is real, but only in a nonliteral sense. The influence they wield are in products offered and media expressed. They only have control over those who buy in. they arent going after your mind, just your dollar.

3. Since you never really gave an opinion on why weed is illegal, what's the point of the title?

4. Given the existence of Haitian Rastas, do people really still believe that smoking chronic automatically means less violence? What about the Mongols? They smoked too and are responsible for the biggest genocides in history.

5. I was just thinking the same thing and then read your post. Weed does not equal peace. People choosing to be peaceful is what will ultimately lead to a war free planet. Marijuana is a great plant with many positives but it's still nothing more then a plant. It is the human mind and the observers willingness to become a single part of the entire organism which is our planet that will eventually lead us into prosperity.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. #6 BudCrazie, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2013
    [quote name="LoueyGG" post="18625893" timestamp="1378310511"]So a plant that grows from the ground is illegal... why did they target this specific plant? Ever think of that? Why is weed illegal but smoking poison ivy is completely legal? Why is tabacoo legal when its been proven to kill you? This system is a joke. Who are old white farts up in the congress building to tell us how to live our lives...My people think about it, we are all brothers and sisters fighting for the same cause. Wherever you go, WE ALL FIGHT FOR THE SAME GOD DAMN THING.... To find happiness in life.. deny it or not, the reason of life comes for a desire of happiness. Now think about this? picture in your head a society where alcohol is illegal and not socially accepted but weed is completely accepted and legal.. Do you picture any violence? You probably picture a bunch of people relaxing..its true weed makes you a pacifist. It doesn't make you violent and its almost totally harmless. People all over the world BOND over this herb... you can meet a random person on the street and if he said hey bro wanna go get lifted, you will probably accept and you 2 will probably become good friends.Now picture this on a world wide scale..... EVERYONE WILL PROBABLY BE FRIENDS! imagine if politicans smoked a joint together instead of drinking a glass of wine...You think there would be as many wars? But these people know this... There in it for there own self benefical causes. These people figured life and figured your mind... If they win your mind they have control over you...Just like the music you listen to, wonder why your mood changes when you listen to certain songs? Because its programming now bear with me this may sound crazy hippie talk but its only true. certain music is brain programming...Than you have Television which ALMOST COMPLETELY ALL OF IT is fucking mind numbing fake garbage. You get these kids hooked on MTV and vh1 and there you have control over the youth.And the youth is the future so its a never ending cycle. THEY WILL HAVE FULL CONTROL over the world for eternity you know why? because they have control over the youth.im stoned right now and i hope this made sense[/quote]The true mind knows how to weather much more then what you're giving it credit. There's only one reality and that is your own, the observer, only you can choose what infiltrates your mind. I choose what to believe, I choose how to treat people, I choose what value I would give for another value, I choose my life...my mind. Don't blame companies and politicians for the brainwashing...blame the ingnorant fool choosing the easy route, not thinking for himself. Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Well it's not my opinion but I actually know the facts.  Marijuana was never illegal anywhere in the world before it was made illegal in America in the early 1900's.  It was used all across the world for recreational and medical purposes for thousands and thousands of years.  These were people saying that blacks were the lowest form of life and a whole bunch of nonsense.  It's not like this was the peak of humanity and they had any new scientific evidence... no.  Crazy things were made up and printed in newspapers to scare people away from marijuana.  Reefer madness came out on TV to scare people about the dastardly effects of marijuana.  It was around then in the 1930's that marijuana was made illegal.  Do you think 80 years is that long of a time?  People have Grandparents that old.  That's how long people have been getting arrested and persecuted for growing, possessing or using the plant for any purpose at all.

These wealthy people such as WRH (William Randolph Hearst and Harry J Anslinger had their own interests.  The use of hemp would've destroyed the timber industry because  hemp can be used to make paper and all kinds of materials that timber could at a much more affordable rate.  Same is true with the cotton industry.  2 industries that a lot of the American economy depended on, basically it is what a few elite owners were making tons of money on.  WRH had the newspaper industry in a stranglehold and used his newspaper to pump out false stories about marijuana.  He knew people depended on media for their information and he could just post false information that he claimed was backed by science and no one was going to say anything.  He gave horror stories and blamed marijuana for people going insane, murdering and raping at will.
    After all of this "information" came to Americans then it was overwhelming that people supported it being illegal and giving people harsh penalties for possessing it.  Like I said, this was not the peak of humanity.  A lot of blind sheeple that just trusted a single newspaper that was supposed to be a reliable source of information. 

Obviously there were many people who ignored these laws and still knew that it didn't make them crazy like the lies were being told.  In the 60's everyone was lighting up and talking about Peace.  How is that?  Just 30 years later from the first time it was ever made illegal anywhere in the world.

Why is it still illegal?  Big Pharma and not enough people that stand up to say enough is enough.  People just say who cares I'll get it from my dealer and all that bullshit.  A lot of people are still sheep and fooled. 

8. I say this exact same thing all the time. Almost word for word. What you speak of so true!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Key word in his post is the youth. The youth don't have the know how to filter what is real and what's not. So a lot of them get brainwashed.

10. It's also not the only plant that is illegal to cultivate in the US.

Obviously I agree with legalization, am quite happy in WA right now, but it's not like they are just picking on us poor innocent weed smokers. Also your passion is great but a little late IMO more and more states will jump on the bandwagon after we and Colorado start showing them a solid business plan and proof that it works.

Politicians are just businessmen right? Businessmen don't like going into business with things they don't have a background in, that goes against everything they know. We are relatively close to this problem being solved though.

11. #11 BudCrazie, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2013
    [quote name="jreezee" post="18627063" timestamp="1378326825"]Key word in his post is the youth. The youth don't have the know how to filter what is real and what's not. So a lot of them get brainwashed. Sent from my SGH-T999 using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]If one (parent) wants their child to grow up with the proper ideals and virtues they will do what is necessary to obstruct the lies and propaganda. You're exactly right that they do not have the know how, so deductive reasoning puts the responsibility on the parents. No one else. This age of trying to blame all our problems on something external needs to stop. It's further perpetuating the issue. Think of it like this, if there wasn't a demand for the herb; would there be dealers? If everyone made their choice and decided not to buy cigarettes would they keep making them? If we all simultaneously decided we didn't want to be a materialistic society and went back to allowing nature to provide for us so long as we put effort into harvesting our food will companies keep pumping out prepackaged food? Lead by example, your actions as a leader would speak volumes compared to any commercial or piece of propaganda put out by the "wealthy/politicians".Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Didn't read this thread although I feel like there is some awesome discussion going on. Honesty though keep weed illegal because once the fuckin idiots in this world get a hold of it then here comes all of the "I told you so"

13. Those same idiots can get it now. Weed is so easy to get. It's like making pine cones illegal. Anybody can get one. So what's the point to make it illegal. Anything a person wants, if they have the money, they can get it. So making a plant illegal is pointless. IMO

14. There are plenty of people who will never go out and get it strictly due to the illegality of it but I get where your coming from. My comment was supposed to be taken on a lighter note and not to be considered in full seriousness

15. Idiots are already getting a hold of it.  This will happen whether its legal or not.

16. /looks around GC.

Haven't they already got a hold of it?

17. I would imagine people still associate cannabis with the sheer stupidity you just demonstrated; maybe we should find some people that aren't "stoned" to promote cannabis.

18. The reason weed is illegal is due to politicians at the time having stakes in paper and textile industries. They saw hemp as a threat, and then got people to believe it was bad because they took extreme cases and made that seem like the norm.

The best argument for legalizing weed? I want to smoke without risking getting in trouble. You can say you want it legalized for medical reasons, but being honest about it will get you farther than  All these other reasons have so much research that you can debunk all you want, but people will still accept it. But they can't argue with you about how great it would be to be able to enjoy it without risking getting arrested for something that won't cause harm or for being honest about it.

And as for the alcohol, I had issues with a guy once. A mutual friend got us good and drunk and we worked out the issues. I didn't want to discuss anything with him, and he didn't want to discuss anything with me. With our inhibitions lowered, we were able to talk it out. And Persians would discuss things while drunk to have more innovative ideas and later review them to refine the raw ideas. We only ever hear the bad things and that paints a negative picture which is another form of brainwashing. 

19. well, we seem to be on the road of global legalization..ok maybe nationwide legalization? so hopefully we wont have to talk about this in the near future.

20. Over a thousand and one uses for it and its illegal.. Im not brainwashed anymore I got rid of my tv and have no idea about any of the world's news except when I randomly google the "news" of the day... Well I know that the world is corrupt and I'm done with all the bullshit. The world is what you make of it in the eye of the beholder. Life is a dream like a giant roller coaster there are ups and downs thrills and chills and in the end it is what you make of it. In the end I just say fuck it and light one up -smoke-