Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana vs Alcohol - Wake up "haze"

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by 221010, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Hey blades, hows'it?

I'm wondering peoples' opinion on something. I'm a pretty heavy sleeper, and I find it quite difficult to wake up in the morning for work. I notice that it is quite a bit harder to wake up if I wasn't sober the night before. Most nights I smoke pot or have a couple of beers, or both.

Which do you blades think causes the most heavy "haze" for when you wake up? Or does it not affect some of you at all?

2. It's prob from both

Try coffee in the morning
    Or not smoking and drinking prior to bedtime

3. deff alcohol. weed makes me feel refreshed if anything

4. Whichever one you have the least tolerance towards. If you're a drinker, its the bud. If you're a smoker its the booze

5. Definitely alcohol... not even close.

6. This. There's no comparison between waking up after a nice, restful night's worth of sleep from going to bed stoned and a groggy partial hangover from drinking.

7. Try not drinking any late night beers or before going to bed while only smoking cannabis and see how you feel in the mornings.

8. If I'm really high when I go to bed I can't sleep long and I wake up not feeling refreshed. If I was drunk I just feel like shit.

9. i used to sleep real nice high, but now i just wake up groggy and sleep for like 5 more hours than i plan. Its the smoking right before bed thats the problem i think...

10. I agree with him! ^^^^

There's nights I have smoked a half oz, probably more and felt fine the next morning. Other times, I smoke a few bowls a night and wake up in the morning still kinda buzzed.

11. Are you sure you didn't get the ends of those sentences mixed up? lol

12. when i smoke like 5 blunts before bed, it makes me pass out but I'm a bit on the groggy side in the morning .

where as, if i drink a bunch of vodka or scotch , my morning is complete shit .

13. alcohol. no question about it.

it's an evil drug. the amount of damage it does to your system is beyond comprehension. and the effects are cumulative, the longer your drink (in years) the more damage you are doing... unless you are able to do serious detoxes in between, which is not something most people even think about.

it damages:
    your brain,
    heart,
    liver,
    lungs,
    blood,
    pancreas,
    and many more.

Sleep, sleepiness, and alcohol use. [Alcohol Res Health. 2001] - PubMed - NCBI

14. I cant sleep stoned, and I'm a very heavy sleeper.
    Its usually at least an hour after smoking before I can go to sleep.
    But I feel fine the next morning.

Only when/if I mix modorate amounts of alcohol with smoking that I feel like crap the next morning.

15. Weed DEFINITELY gives me a worse haze the next morning than anything in the range of 1-4 beers.

I find smoking flowers before bed leaves me very hazy and out of it for at least an hour or two the next morning, while dabbing does not.

As for beer, 1-4 beers is absolutely nothing to me and I will barely feel anything after 4, so if I drink 4 or 5 before bed I might be like 5 minutes slower getting out of bed but after I have a coffee and eat it's like I didn't drink anything the night before.

If I get drunk on the other hand.... I NEVER get hangovers but if I get actually drunk I WILL be very lazy and somewhat out of it the next day, but no real hangover effects.

16. no matter how much weed i smoke i always wake up feeling refreshed.
    if i drink a bunch i usually just go thru the motions and go about my day like a zombie

17. I don't' get weed "hangovers" anymore . . . it honestly stopped as soon as I started vaporizing. Alcohol will absolutely ruin the next day for me. Feel like shit, can't concentrate, and am very tired from poor sleep.