Marijuana v. 17 FDA-Approved Drugs

Discussion in 'General' started by GuerrillaDro, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Whats up tokers, check out these stats, kind of old but i would imagine the numbers have grown in the FDA approved field....

just a little bit more proof..

1. the government does not really give a shit about our health
    2. pharmaceutical companies are keeping cannabis illegal and feeding us dangerous crap.

a hell of a lot more things i could point out but im to stoned to keep goin...:smoke:

Deaths from Marijuana v. 17 FDA-Approved Drugs - Medical Marijuana - ProCon.org

2. I wonder what the contributing deaths for marijuana were for.

Interesting article though

3. Watch the Union on Netflix, explains everything.

4. and leaves of green

5. sorry, marijuana is not the end all be all cure for people's ailments. it's certainly not going to work as an anti-psychotic that's for sure.

6. No one said it was an end all. Of course you are going to need some medications that aren't cannabis related. What I got from reading this is...the government says they are protecting us from this harmful schedule 1 drug called marijuana, but they don't mind companies creating a drug that as u can see it deadly in some cases.

7. I love your sig.

8. My girlfriend has severe depression/a personality disorder and her medication does more damage and has more side-effects than cannabis.

In fact, cannabis seems to help with the problem a lot more than her medication does.

I'm just saying...

9. #9 Ccoastal, Sep 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Lol it's proven to work as an anti-psychotic. Look it up before jumping to a hater conclusion.

10. [​IMG]

11. Cannabis has an anti-psychotic in it called CBD. There are strains you can grow which have lower THC levels in compensation for higher CBD levels and visa-versa.

So yeah, that isn't true. Cannabis can be used as an anti-psychotic, but only the right strains of cannabis.

Edit: Oh wait, the post above me explains it much better than I have.
    :p

12. And something else to note in that report is that the synthetic THC, Marinol has killed 4 people! :eek:(see the anti-emetics chart V, part B, if I remember rightly). Here's a news article-

The FDA has written documentation that patients can overdose on Marinol and that it can be lethal
    (news - 2009)
    http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-19678-Cannabis-Revolution-Examiner~y2009m10d23-The-FDA-has-written-documentation-that-patients-can-overdose-on-Marinol-and-that-it-can-be-lethal

Natural cannabis has never killed by overdose. :smoke:

"Marijuana v. 17 FDA-Approved Drugs" and many others about the safety and medical uses of cannabis, can be found by clicking that first link in my sig. :D

Granny :wave:

13. #13 GuerrillaDro, Sep 2, 2011
    Good post crow. It's funny how these pharmaceutical companies are trying to use elements of cannabis in their drugs but don't want it legal...I guess that's what happens when u can't patent a plant

14. #14 Ccoastal, Sep 2, 2011
    Plants are patented. It started with dawn dishsoap, ever heard of round-up ready soybeans? It's GMO to be able to be sprayed with roundup and not die while everything else is and monsanto the company that owns the patent sues the living shit out of anyone that tries to keep seed for the next years crop, claiming patent infringement. Perfect way for them to get u to but their seed and their ferts bein as it won't grow without them. Roundup ready soybeans account for roughly 90% of the US soy harvest. Round up contains BT which is found in DDT, same as agent orange which is still causing birth defects in Vietnam to this day.

15. I have to say that the pros for the marijuana deaths are plausible imo, because it can significantly speed up your heart, and can probably contribute to pre-existing heart conditions.

16. #16 GuerrillaDro, Sep 3, 2011
    How do you patent something that already exists (marijuana) and anyone can grow?

17. #17 GuerrillaDro, Sep 3, 2011
    Yes but the reason for death in that case would be the pre existing heart condition....someone with a heart condition could die from eating to many cheese burgers...drinking 10 cups of coffee or red bull could cause ur heart rate to increase but we don't attribute that to the cause of death..idont think at least haha

18. Monsanto also created rbST.

19. And I don't think you can patent a plant; unless it is genetically modified.

20. #20 Ccoastal, Sep 3, 2011
    GMO means genetically modified, but right now a company is trying to patent chimpanzee chromosomes so the owner of the patent would literally own EVERY chimp out there, I strongly suggest watching Food Inc, and The World According To Monsanto, very much tell all films.... But here's a kicker natural beings are constantly patented, regardless of GMO or not, do a little google clicking on 'monsanto GMO BT and DDT, u will be amazed what comes out.