Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana, ties to relieving alcohol withdrawl?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by senior_ganj, Nov 22, 2005.

1. Currently my dad is a big abuser of alcohol and has been an alcoholic for some time. Both me and my mom have discussed this with him and although he has tried to quit, he has been unable but has cut back drastically. Seeing all the wonderful uses of cannabis and its painkilling and euphoric reaction, I was wondering if this would help at all with quitting or suppressing his alcoholism more. Both the pains of alcohol withdrawl and the mental addiction and craving for that beer. I'm not sure if there have been any studies of that sort, but anything anyone knows or personal experiences or even theories would be fantastic. Thanks for any help.

Senior Ganj

2. It could. Also, while this may not be a very plausible option, LSD in the past was successfully used to help recovering alcoholics...

3. Unfortunately, I don't foresee LSD being an option as of yet. As I said, he has cut down, and improved, but still needs a little extra push to get off cold turkey. Thanks for the help though.

Senior Ganj