Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana: The real definition

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by enlightend, Feb 3, 2010.

1. I hear from this youtube video that when the conspiracy started, hemp was falsely given the name marijuana which was actually a type of mexican tobacco. Any one know if this is true?

2. well if there weed sucks i'd hate to see there tobacco

but i dont know how much truth there is to this

3. Lol..

4. I think I heard Joe Rogan say this
    and Joe Rogan is cool so if it's true or not it doesn't matter it's the cool thing to tell people.

5. youtube may not be the best source. It might help things if you provided a link?

6. It wasn't Mexican tobacco but it was a Mexican plant. I've heard this a few times. I don't remember the reason that it got dubbed marijuana but it had something to do with the prohibition. It's recognized in the USA as marijuana now so that is still it's name. Haha

7. I try to strictly refer to it as cannabis. Marijuana is such a slanderous name for it.

8. THATS IT!!! i couldn't put my finger on whos voice it was but that was him!!!! glad you knew what i was talking about!

9. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJbh-O7-44Y]YouTube - Joe Rogan talks about Marijuana and DMT[/ame]

heres the link. joe rogan makes a very good arguement in this video. and i can see why some of you thought that because it was from youtube that it was unreliable but listen and youll see why it made sense to me

10. I wanna try that DMT shit

11. yeah for real it almost sounds too deep though. i don't know if i could handle it but mabey im just weak minded

12. I first started using cannabis to prepare myself for a DMT trip, and I first heard about DMT from Joe Rogan.
    THANKS JOE!

13. Yea, they called it Marijuana to give it a mexican name because they said it made blacks and mexicans lash out on white women.

14. #15 k_semler, Feb 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2010
    Marijuana used to be spelled with an "h", (marihuana) As a matter of fact, it's still on the books in WA state spelled that way. (see RCW 69.50.4014)

Reefer Madness