Marijuana: The Biblical Forbidden Fruit

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by iximindtrickixi, Aug 26, 2007.

1. In the frat story, God calls upon two trees: The tree of life and the tree of knowledge in good and evil yadayada. My thoughts are for this is the tree of life was in fact the cannabis plant, and not the tree of knowledge. But then again, fuck it. The tree of knowledge could have been a coconut tree.

2. Post pics of Garden of Eden or it didn't happen.

3. I win!

Attached Files:

4. Wasn't the forbidden fruit a symbol that was supposed to represent the reproductive systems of Adam and Eve?

Hence the knowledge of life and death?

5. Well I could post pics of the garden of Eden, it's about two miles from here; not a cool place, there's lots of experiments that go on there with peoples minds/bodies, using medication and dangerous procedures. Actually I know two people, who's minds were destroyed by the place.

If you really think about it, it is actually very odd that this parable emplies that Adam and Eve messed up by obtaining knowledge; especially when in proverbs it says to prize knowledge above gold. I think it sounds kinda funny that a god would get ticked off because you got smarter.

It almost sounds like the slave owners who used to try to make sure that their slaves never received any knowledge, so they would think that their masters are fair and just.

6. Hey, we got kicked out of the garden because God was scared we would eat from the tree of life and be exactly like him. All powerful god = human that will not die and knows about evil, weird, eh? :p

7. Marijuana makes people peaceful and loving. Why would God say that's a forbidden fruit if it expands our mind and allows us to facilitate and speed up our evolution?

8. Because God enjoys mind fucking people? Only explanation I have really.

9. Time to bring it back. :eek:

I've also thought this could be possible, most do think outside the box if you will when their high. I've looked at things in ways I never would have if I wasn't high. But what does it really matter if it was the forbidden fruit, the damage is done, lets enjoy it. Also if the bible is all true and God knows everything before it happens then he placed the plant/tree there to be eaten, why would he make a whole world and want to keep 2 people in a garden?

10. I think that the tree of knowledge of Good and Evil is symbolic to the true cross of the Christ or Massiah.

The true cross of Jesus was a T with a Serpent around it. It was said to be made out of brass, because brass is an alloy of zinc and copper. When Zinc and copper are placed into an acid (also symbolic of a serpent, because of their venom) you get power.

The Serpent with it's poisen is symbolic of energy.

This symbolism can be applied to people as well; because when a person's mind, which is oposite and aposing (left and right), becomes focused on a single point of light (or energy) they are said to be anointed, or a massiah.

So to this end, marijauna and meditation can help you focus your mind. So yes marijauna can be an aid to recieving the knowledge of good and even.

11. I think this is all a big waste of time. :D

theres some neat stuff going on in this thead but really, why waste the time looking for sneaky underhanded passages in the bible that sort of possibly maybe condone cannabis somehow when the wretched book itself condones countless murders, rapes, slavery and other atrocities.

but that's just me. have at it!

12. Below is an explanation of the story most people never consider, and is most likely to be the true meaning.

The fruit of knowledge is not actually a fruit. It is an idea. The story is meant to symbolically show how early Jewish people viewed the eating of animals. The shame that Adam and Eve come to know is not just that of their own bodies, but the knowledge that to survive and think we have to eat meat. To eat meat, we have to end the life of one of god's creatures, and ending the life of something is bad and something to be rightly ashamed of.

This makes a lot more sense to me. People have just been taking it WAY too literally for way too long.

By the way, I am NOT a vegitarian.

13. This DEFENETLY is a part of the sin that caused the fall of Man.

I recently (last week) became a vegitarian because I realized this truth.

So far it hasn't been a loss at all; I've purchased a bunch of chick peas, and nuts. Chick peas can be made into stuff like hummus and Falafal, whereas nuts are just a great source of protien.

14. Quote:
    \t\t\t\t\t

Haha this is sig worthy :D

15. lol at this thread :smoking:

completely agree with the people saying its not the fruit, "god" may have gave us herbs to open our minds up more

16. Even in the Christian sense, it's still just a metaphor.

17. #57 Eyesotope, Jul 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2012
    I came to this same "realization" after taking a fistful of Lsd-25. I mean it makes sense to me in some regaurds. No its not a "fruit" by definition, but then the definition for fruit changes based on context. I think people forget that aside from being re-written multiple times, language was far less sophisticated as it is now. So I dont think the definition of "fruit" was regulated in such a nazi fashion as it is now that this question has popped up :p.

Anyways, while I was tripping we were smoking a bowl too. I was having some intense visuals and every time someone would hit the pipe, something that looked like an ember would go into the fire. I would describe it as a 'soul' being picked from the circle of life. I wont get into my full beliefs on life in general, but I will say im not a man of any idolatry religion. Our purpose is just as much for ourselves as the things around us. We live, we die, the plants sprout life from our nutrients. It has been this way since before people could write about it. Since before people could comprehend they were people...things die, they rot...other things spring up from the remains.
    You can see it in layers of the earth, fossil fuels are proof, etc etc. So in theory, weed comes indirectly from the lives that went into the soil where it sprouted. When you smoke it, unlike eating an apple, you don't take nutrients from it. Therefor the spirits dont get absorbed into new life and are "wasted".

Im not saying its any reason not to smoke weed. This was an acid trip. but it shed a new light on how I view things and gave me a whole new perspective on a lot of things in life.

We do not allow discussions of other drugs on GC - WW

18. I'm sorry to skip all the replies and go for the OP but...

Have you thought that you might be conditioned to think this way? Do you not see the correlation between forbidden drugs and forbidden fruit? Just because many countries have prohibited marijuana, doesn't mean that it's rightfully prohibited. Marijuana is just as much the forbidden fruit as a hops plant. A century ago, it would've been viewed just the same way, as a forbidden fruit that intoxicates the mind in a negative manner.

Hopefully we can ditch this idea of 'forbidden substance' before this conditioning spreads thick over this world.

19. eating straight weed doesnt do anything lol

20. We may never know, but that was a pretty good read OP.