Marijuana: THC alters DNA

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by slamva, May 25, 2016.

1. Since the 70s I've been reading - and SEEING - exactly how THC alters DNA! It's all TRUE! Don't believe me?

200 (10).gif

Go GREEN!

• Like Like x 1
  2. well that explains a lot

[​IMG]

3. I think we all know the net effect of blazing 24/7 for your whole life is probably not a good one. But Cannabis also does have regulating mechanisms. Like CBD being an anti psychotic, off setting the THC's negative effects. This article mentions things cannabis can do to the body, yet studies also suggest some of the psychoactive ingredients of cannabis do the exact opposite.

But relatively speaking, it's incredible how frequently and intensely once can use cannabis and not incur dramatic risks like one does with other drugs.

It's a safe drug. Is it 100% safe? No, but we know that. Still, an extraordinary recreational drug. The drug of choice of cool people :coolalt: you best ballee that.

4. Care to provide evidence on that citrus scent part? You can artificially make scents and put it on any type of basic element, I'd assume.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I said let there be light, then there was light. #JustIll
    IMG_20160531_231310_01.jpeg

6. "Cannabis consumption may alter smokers' DNA structure, potentially causing mutations that may expose them to severe illnesses, scientists have said. Worse still, this could increase the risk of cancers and foetal malformations for their offspring.".

Until they find a causal link between cannabis smoking and cancers/foetal malformations, this remains a mere possibility. I really wonder if they were paid to make this dramatic claim.

• Like Like x 1
  7. This article is pure speculation. Also how dare they assume that all variation of DNA is bad or that the only thing that is inherited is a propensity for serious illness? It ignores the fact that cannabis has helped to drive many cancers into remission or that vaping virtually eliminates any toxic substances present. This is just another example of anti cannabis propaganda, based on speculation and disinformation. This argument goes like this - everyone who dies has breathed air all their lives, thus a link is clearly established between dying and breathing. This does not suggest that breathing causes death! Where is the evidence that links THC to birth defects? Or weakens the DNA of ones children? I have 3 strapping boys ranging in age from 13 to 30. They are all in the rudest of health, despite the fact that I smoked weed throughout their lives and during and before their gestation. Until the actual mechanism and the nature of the effects of THC on DNA is known, this article is just propaganda.

8. love that movie

9. I want to alter my DNA. At it's present configuration I am only using 10% of my brain.

10. Altering your DNA is possible, but Cannabis doesn't do this at all, but Epigenetics, Nutrigenomics and other variables.