Marijuana Tax Stamp

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by prez420, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Many states have marijuana tax stamp law some of them even sell the stamps. My question is how can those states legally arrest someone for marijuana that has the tax stamp. Take for instance south carolina they have a tx stamp law and it requires u buy a $3.50 tax stamp for every gram of marijuana I want to know on what legal grounds can a person be arrested if the possessed marijuana has been taxed and has the tax stamps affixed to it as the law requires? pls keep in mind im talking about state law not federal law.

2. Although nearly half of all US states have marijuana tax stamp laws on the books, few citizens observe them. Most individuals are unaware that such laws exist in their state; others fear that complying with it will incriminate their behavior. Because of this widespread noncompliance, drug tax stamps – unlike so-called “sin taxes” on alcohol or tobacco – do not collect state tax revenue at the customer's “point of purchase.” Rather, the legislative intent of drug tax laws is to impose an additional penalty – tax evasion – upon drug offenders after they are arrested and criminally charged with a drug violation. Marijuana Tax Stamp Laws And Penalties - NORML :wave:

3. shady thats a direct quote from norml's sites i was asking for your opinions because i have already read that info infact MPP goes much more indepth on the subject. Under what legal grounds does a local cop have the right to arrest you for marijuana if your have the proper amount of tax stamps for said marijuana ?

4. Just so they can charge you with another crime if you don't have a tax stamp.