Marijuana smoke has more cancer causing chemicals than cigarettes!

Discussion in 'General' started by Philosopher4420, Aug 25, 2009.

1. #1 Philosopher4420, Aug 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2009
    Marijuana smoke has more cancer causing chemicals than cigarettes!

That's right ladies and gentlemen. According the all knowing, unbiased information presented by Above the Influence, apparently Marijuana smoke contains 50 to 70 percent more cancer causing carcinogens than cigarette smoke. Other problems that may occur are bronchitis and chronic coughing.

Don't believe me?
    Go to Stoners in the Mist | Fun | AboveTheInfluence.com and take the quiz
    (press the globe in the upper right hand corner of the intro video to skip it)

The second question may have a surprising answer. For even more fun, check out it's citation for the question. It was done in a study by Brunnemann Hoffman in 1975.

SPREAD THE TRUTH MY FRIEND. DO YOU WANT TO BE ANOTHER HELPLESS STONER ATTACHED TO LIFE SUPPORT DYING OF CANCER?

edit: anybody that thought i was serious in this post is either high or an idiot. I was satirically pointing out the bullshit i found on the ABI site.

2. Hahaha hilarious man, had me going for a second there!

3. #3 Philosopher4420, Aug 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2009
    You think i'm playin with you?

You're not gonna be laughing when you have black lungs from all those bong hits.
    You gonna be coughing.

edit: dudes, i'm not being serious here. sorry if i didn't make that clear enough lol.

4. Wait you mean smoke isn't good for my lungs? Shit and all this time I thought I was helping them...

Go to NORML.com, tell someone who cares.

5. ok dude,
    bongs filter out all the cancer stuff, and my lungs are just fine,

like i tell my mom, if i die of cancer from smoking weed too much then my last words will be, "damn that was a good hit"

6. I fucking hate that whole section of ABI.

Absolutely everything is exaggerated. Check out the other videos. The "stoners" all look like they're been awake for 4 days straight smoking meth.

7. can you say VAPORIZE?

8. fuck above the influence.

They spread lies.

LIES AND SLANDER.

9. Here I'll save everyone time and post the answers to the questions.

Studies show that approximately one in ten (12.7%) of fatal car accident victims test positive for THC (the active ingredient in marijuana). Approximately 4 in 10 (41%) fatally injured drivers tested positive for alcohol.*

Marijuana smoke contains 50 to 70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than does tobacco smoke.* Other serious lung problems - such as bronchitis and persistent coughs - have been linked to chronic marijuana use.**

A marijuana user''s risk of heart attack increases by more than four times in the first hour after smoking marijuana.*

Research has now established that marijuana is addictive.* Each year, more teens enter treatment with a primary diagnosis of marijuana dependence than for all other illicit drugs combined.** Research indicates that the earlier kids start using marijuana, the more likely they are to become dependent on this or other illicit drugs later in life.***

People trying to quit using marijuana report irritability, sleeplessness, and anxiety.* They also display increased aggression on psychological tests, peaking approximately one week after the last use of the drug.**

10. Of course, they don't say why "Each year, more teens enter treatment with a primary diagnosis of marijuana dependence than for all other illicit drugs combined" (being, that most kids who get caught are forced to go to treatment)

or

"Studies show that approximately one in ten (12.7%) of fatal car accident victims test positive for THC (the active ingredient in marijuana)."
    (being, that even if you test positive, it doesn't mean you were intoxicated at the time)

ect ect

11. there has never been a link found between cannabis use and cancer. period.

yes smoking is bad for your lungs, its smoke. inhaling anything thats not air isn't recommended.

There are so many carcinogens in our daily live today it would be rediculous to avoid them.

You know uvb radiation causes dna damage, should we all stop going out in the sun now??

12. the research that showed that weed caused cancer was botched.

the way they did the experiment was to force mice and rats to inhale as much smoke as would be in 5 joints. but all at the same time and with no supplimentary oxigen.

like if you smoked out of one of those gas mask bongs. you know how hard it is to take a second hit right away? well its basically like that. and they did it to these rats like 3 times a day for a month. so basically 15 joints a day for a month but with no oxigen in between puffs.

so of course it will cause cancer,

but you also have to consider that mice are smaller than humans, so they would really need to be smoking joints that are propertional to their size. one human dose of any substance could very well prove fatal to a mouse. simply because of its size.

just like when you drink, a largerm heavy man can drink one more shot or beer more than someone 50 pounds lighter than him and they end up both having the same BAC level.

but understand the fact that in order to recieve results faster, they sort of need to incubate the experiement, so they will use over the top doses on extra small animals, in order to get results faster than it would take for tests on a human taking normal human doses. cuz if they did it that way then they would still be doing the tests and be finding nothing right now.

but then you also have to take into consideration that other tests have shown that THC prevents most kinds of cancer. because its a chemical that cancerous cells cant bind to for whatever reason and so they become dormant and just dont spread or grow.

so in a regular human dose of weed, say 1 joint, just short of 1 gram. thats enough to get me high for a while. take the one dose, which really does have some chemicals that may cause cancer, also has enough THC to prevent any of those carcinogens from latching on and causing any damage. so they even out.

i think it was that move The Union that talked about that experiment.

13. Marijuana doesn't cause cancer in fact it's main ingredient THC can reverse the process of brain tumor cells growing. READ THE INFO> http://http://current.com/items/89675573_thc-kills-brain-tumor-cells.htm

14. Vape it.
    Bong it.
    Joint it.
    Blunt it.
    Pipe it.
    Steam roller it.

15. This is exactly what I was going after

16. I thought cannabis had more cancerous cells in it's smoke but THC killed all of the cancerous cells. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here I'm not exactly sure :p.

17. you're right for the most part but I still doubt cannabis has more chemicals than tobacco.

18. LOL I've messed around on that Stoners in the Mist thing before. I got a good laugh out of it.

19. Damn I'm so high.. got me believe it there for a second