"Marijuana smoke deposits four times more tar than tobacco smoke"

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Jack185, Apr 21, 2013.

1. #1 Jack185, Apr 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2013
    The DDS (Georgia department of drivers services) stated this in their ADAP course ""Marijuana smoke deposits four times more tar in the lungs and contains up to %70 more cancer-causing substances than does tobacco smoke.""
    [​IMG]
    I searched to find these statistics but most studies seemed to disagree with these statistics. Are these statistics true?

Sorry if this is the wrong section

Attached Files:

2. not to my knowledge. of course, if you hold in ur hits more tar will remain but that applies to tobacco as well. Georgia is ass backwards anyway. meth heads everywhere. it's like the walking dead

3. Fuck no that's not true

4. LOL, ignorance....

5. it's only true in certain way. Only when holding the smoke in for extended periods of time. I haven't read the report but I highly doubt they even mention that marijuana smoke is held in the lungs for much longer times than tobacco smoke is held.

I love how the anti-marijuana agenda assumes we are stupid and can't spot B/S when we see it.

6. It is true that Cannabis contains more carcinogenics than tobacco, but what the study doesn't take into account, is the effects on both drugs to the body. Cannabis makes your pores in your lungs (the alveoli) dilate, hence why you cough a lot when smoking pot. This helps your lungs heal themselves, whereas tobacco smoke has the opposite effect. It constricts your alveoli, and traps the tar in your lungs. That, along with the anti cancer properties of cannabis, pretty much neutralizes the carcinogens from smoking the cannabis. Tobacco, on the other hand doesn't have these same healing properties and there are endless cases of cancer resulting from smoking it. However there is no cases for a cannabis only smoker to get cancer that was caused from the cannabis.

7. You also have to remember though, it has been proven that even smoking Cannabis will clean your lungs(i.e. coughing up the nasty in your lungs). And actually will restore lung function that may have been lost. But it still isn't as healthy as using a vaporizer or eating edibles or using oils. I have noticed a little bit of an increase in lung function since i started back a little while ago. And if i remember right the "tar" that Cannabis leaves behind is actually good for you as your body will absorb the resin unlike the tar from cigarettes. ( I may be wrong on this but I doubt it.). And if you want to know the health effects of Cannabis message Granny Storm Crow she has plenty of info on the subject.

8. Marijuana smoke deposits four times the love and insight needed inthis mad world compared to normal air.;)

9. I would have to think that tobacco deposits far more tar than marijuana ever would. Marijuana is mostly flowers since most of us tend to toss the leaves while tobacco is all leaf material. Its the leaf material that has tar, not flower. Flower has resin in it. Either way, marijuana smoke is far better on your body than tobacco smoke is.

10. What they failed to point out is that the marijuana also cures the cancer :p

11. Years ago they claimed it was 20x as much as cigarettes.
    Now its down to four.
    Progress is being made.

12. lol it's 0 times if you vape it :D

13. Tobacco and cannabis are two different plants, the plant matter for both are very different. Thus the tar is different. The amount isn't what's important assuming this study ls legitimate. It's the ingredients.

14. There are also many man-made chemicals added to cigarettes that cannabis doesn't have!

15. The state is just dishing out more disinfo . They are running scared, afraid of being run down by the "Marakesh Express". All aboard!!

16. They grow the tobaccy down south, don't they? :cool::D
    "Weed bad! Cigarettes, good!" :rolleyes:

17. what about vaporizing and chewing marijuana? How many people are dieing of cancer from that? You dont even need to smoke tobacco to get cancer. Chewing tobacco causes cancer and kills too.

18. Maybe it does, but they just don't mention the fact that people don't toke down 20 finger sized joints per day like they do cigs.

19. Do you think you could make it a little more obvious that your a trolling prohibitionist? Go smoke a joint and get a life.