Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana Side Effects?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by johnkasey, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Okay, so ive been smoking pretty regulary (several times a week) for about 6months now

and one thing ive noticed is i dont really feel like masterbatting (im male) or eating or really motivated to go anywhere unless im high : /

is this normal?

2. #3 Pyroxide, Mar 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2011
    It's not an effect of cannabis, it's just your humanity. THC aids in achieving happiness similar to the happy feelings you get when completing day to day tasks, getting your dream girl or even dreaming of your dream girl.
    So my Grasscity friend the problem you are having has little to do with pot, the trouble is that when you want to feel that release of happiness you turn to pot rather than trying to achieve your goals and dreams.
    There are different ways to go about this, but I do not know you and your lifestyle so I'll place the most simple option here:
    Take a break from the green for a few months, take time to learn what you really want from life and pursue those dreams. I'll tell you what my friend, the day you achieve your goals you will once again remember how it feels to have completed something you have wanted so bad for so long. Then you can return to smoking with a whole new outlook on life.

Learn to love yourself, not a plant.

3. will i ever go back to being 'normal' : /?

4. Uhm. Yeahhh no.

5. You're still normal now. 'Normal' in society is only a matter of what most people 'perceive' as normal and as far as I'm concerned it's a major problem within our culture that serves only to ridicule those who aren't doing as well as the one pointing the finger.
    One thing common with all humans is that change is inevitable and you cannot stop change, by trying to stop change you are indeed beginning to change.

So rather than feel bad about who you are now, accept that you are who you are and you have unlimited potential to be the person that you want to be.
    Take it in baby steps maybe. Reward yourself with a few cones or a joint when you achieve one of your smaller goals.

For instance you want to meet a girl and begin to date her - that's your main goal.

But have many little ones along the way, such as; meeting a girl, getting her number, even getting a date.

Basically look at the big picture and understand that you cannot change those around you, but you can change who you are. Always stay true to your beliefs and chase your dreams and one day you can begin to reward yourself by smoking pot less.

Perhaps even starting with a main goal of only smoking pot when celebrating something or for special occasions.
    Then every day that's not a special occasion is another day that you've broken away from your dependency on the plant.
    Start with small goals, your first three days celebrate with some herb then try and go a week without and reward yourself again afterwards.

Think of it like birthday cake, it's great to enjoy if you're a cake person but if you ate it every time you were hungry you would soon forget how to appreciate the taste until you no longer remember that cakes are indeed a way to enhance celebrations.

6. Had you noticed any apathy or loss of appetite prior to starting smoking heavily?

When you stop cannabis, do your perceived negative symptoms resolve completely in a reasonable length of time?

7. Actually it's very right, our body has natural stimulants that are very similar or even possibly the same as many of the stimulants in cannabis. Their natural release however is aided by goals, they're not necessarily the only way to release them but it is an easier way to do so.

Be close minded as you are and deny what there is in not only our own existence, but others - but the day will come when there is more to be learnt than if you had simply denied a hard truth.

8. I get the side effect of too much masturbation.

9. I think its quite normal if you want my opinion. Ive been smoking constantly for over a year and a half now and I do it to enjoy life as much as possible. Getting high before doing all sorts of activities or work or schoole etc is just normal for me as I realised a while ago that I prefer being high than sober. And tbh mj doesnt really affect my life in a negative way so I dont see any problem in being high often ;)

10. Yes it's "normal," but that doesn't mean it's good. I was like that bad, to the point where I'd feel sick if I wasn't high. I cut back a LOT. My mind's much clearer now, but I feel like I wasted the last couple years of my life seeing as I was high as fuck the whole time.

You see it all the time on here and it's so true: Let marijuana enhance your life, not BE your life.

11. Hungry.
    happy.
    sleepy.

12. beat me to it :p

13. Same here, if anything weed makes beatin' the skin flute much more enjoyable, almost like beating a video game. It's crazy.

14. The game is fun when you always win :cool:

15. makes you smarter in every way, shape, or form. weed also cures canser.

16. In a nutshell. No..

17. once you start smoking and you like smoking, you start incorporating weed into your daily routine. just like, you like exercising, playing video games, watching tv - you find a way to make time to do those things on a daily basis. before you know it, you'll be waking up and packing a bowl instead of turning on the tv. :smoke: