Marijuana Should Remain Illegal

Discussion in 'Politics' started by vapeking, Dec 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It's a horrible idea to legalize it. Among the reasons:

- Kills brain cells
    - Causes cancer
    - Destroys your memory
    - Is addictive
    - Causes automobile accidents
    - etc.

Why would you want to encourage something like this? All it does is send the wrong message to children.

2. EDITED SO YOU MAY EASIER UNDERSTAND.
    and dun dun dun dun...ALCOHOL IS LEGAL

now gtfo

3. I don't detect sarcasm but the sheer stupidity of this thread leads me to believe I must be missing it..

4. Yes, alcohol is worse but two wrongs don't make a right; just because alcohol is legal doesn't mean that we need to be introducing another drug in to society.

5. Umm im not trying to rain on anyones parade, but those facts that were listed above are not correct.

Marijuana is scientifically proven to
    ~Not kill brain Cells
    ~Does not cause cancer, brown lung, or emphesema
    ~Is non-addictive
    ~And last but not least, Encourages Creative thinking, therefore making you smarter.

This is all in a great documentary movie called The Union: The Business on Getting High. Watch and learn something. Great original post, but your facts are not 100% correct.

LEGALIZE MARIJUANA!!!!!!!

6. the government would have to turn marijuana into a commidty and somehow prohibit everyone from growing it themselves for it to become legal in my opinion

7. fail thread is fail

your opinions are bad and you should feel bad for having them

8. rofl where do you get these 'facts'?

9. Wow. I really hope you're just kidding.

10. Make the argument and convince the guy.

11. Do I smell a troll?

12. Introducing another drug into society? How can anybody possibly introduce weed into our society, it's fully introduced already.

You're concerned about sending the wrong message to the children?
    You think legalizing it would harm children more than if it remains illegal?
    Think about this.
    If you had a son or daughter who was 18 and wanted to get hold of weed...
    Would you rather they got it from some sketch, dodgy street dealer, where chances are they're gonna get fuckin ripped off, or worse; or would you rather they got it from a government controlled outlet?
    Would you rather they be arrested for possession?

Because what you fail to understand is that marijuana is AVAILABLE. Anyone can get it. All prohibition does is make room for the black market; pushing deals under the table, making everything a hell of a lot more dangerous. Is that what you want the 'children' to be dealing with?

13. oh gawd.

it's inevitable bro. people are gonna do what they wanna do. and if our government thinks alcohol should be a choice than bud should be too.

14. I know your just kidding around.

Solar radiation killes brain cells and causes cancer too but that don't stop people from going outside.

It's habit forming but not addictive and stupid drivers cause accidents.

I say pot should be legal because I'd like to enjoy my inalienable right to Life, Liberty and the PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS. :rolleyes:

15. #17 wackdeafboy, Dec 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2008
    are you FUCKING kidding me?

16. These facts are found form government research.

Hvae you ever been high buddy?

And watch the video so you can learn something.

Here is the link. just go to this page and watch it.

[ame="http://blip.tv/file/1356143/"]The Union: The business behind getting high.@@AMEPARAM@@player.setPostsId(1362521);player.setUsersId(265638);player.setUsersLogin("Zebb")@@AMEPARAM@@1362521@@AMEPARAM@@Zebb[/ame]

17. that was a pretty bad example.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.