Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana seems to intensify my pain!!

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by fukinay, Dec 29, 2010.

1. I agree! I'd just like to add that there are some ailments where sativas are recommended, but more often or not, like you said, a strong indica is the way to go!

2. When I smoke, my neck pain gets intense. I have a cervical neck issues. If anyone has an idea, Id love to hear it. Its like when I smoke my neck muscles get super tight and ache ache ache. It sets in in minutes.

3. I first tried the high cbd strains for cervical and back pain since most of what you read says go cbd for pain, i had about given up after months of different strains when a dispensery gave me some blue dream as a freebie and it relieved about 40% of my pain, I then tried it as an edible and it totally changed my world! You might give them a try currently using homemade tangerine dream coconut oil works great..

4. I don't know what pain is when I am stoned.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Addendum: I think anxiety is at play.

6. It's interesting that a lot of people posting here suffered from pain absent MJ and their symptoms are mainly heightened. I have had a similar experience, initially what seemed like out of the blue, and am curious to know how many people in this situation are also taking other medications that could be interacting with MJ?

I have severe chronic panic, basically everywhere, and I sometimes enjoy a low THC, high CBD flower to help me through. At one point I was taking gabapentin for nerve pain (which the MJ does not help me with) and noticed what I think was at times a fairly intense, almost immediate reaction between the two. It resulted in a lot of muscle twitching, tightness, and extremely severe nerve pain (as in I had to shift my pain scale) that some of you are describing, mainly in my upper-back, neck, and sides. I recently stopped taking the gabapentin (for other reasons) and haven't noticed this response to MJ anymore.

7. Gabapentin seems to work great for some neuropathy or spinal injury patients but I am not one of them! Messed my system up big time,, mj works best on me with a clean system even oxys detract from mj effectiveness usually takes a week of purging chemicals before it works it's best on my spine & nerve pains... Easier said then done at times...

• Like Like x 1
  8. #48 MycoJFaux, Oct 22, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
    Hydroponically grown (sterile direct injection) Cannabis ruins joints. Its not just pain, your body is falling apart if you smoke the Monsanto stuff (constructed with direct injection of chemicals instead of grown with roots/microbes). Doubly, since sterile hydroponic has no Brix, simple sugars are fed to the plant before harvest to mimic organic properties. These foreign sugars and esters, when smoked, reek havoc on the body. They are no legitimate substitute for actual Cannabis Brix yet they are pimped by every pawn of Bayer-Monsantos perpetual sickness machine.

Dabs also. My achey breaky joints. There is something missing from most concentrates that is present in the vaporized herb from the same plant. Im not sure what it is, but Dabs don't work for pain relief, they amplify it. Neither does cbd work.. You need thc analogues for theie numbing sensation. And to not be gullible because of other peoples placebos, today's market is filled with garbage that doesn't work yet they sell tons of it.

9. Hey man the same thing happens to me with weed but I’m gonna tell you the reason for your Pain is not what you think. Read the book the mind body prescription by Dr. John Sarno and the great pain deception by Steve Ozanich. What’s going on is something called TMS/Mind body syndrome. What it is is your brain is sending a lack of blood flow to the muscles causing excruciating pain. The herniation are just natural abnormalities shown on the MRI. the reason your pain goes up is because marijuana can strengthen your mind body connection. Happens to me too and I have over 60 symptoms, all mind body. Do some research and I hope it helps