Marijuana seedling not growing/stop growing HELP!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by jordan81795, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Hey people , you've prolly seen me on GC tryin to fix this problem. I have this seedling appox a week and 5 days since I planted the germed seed. It grew for 5 days and then it stopped growing.

My pot is sorta big for the seedling , idk if that's the problem. I have 3x 60 watt cfls 5000k cool... An exhaust fan and a coolin fan

I'm using organic choice MG pottin soil

What do u think is the problem ! Maybe the roots are growing under the top soil?

image-1173659107.jpg

2. Yes. Your root is probably 10 inches farther down than where you think it is. It's fine. They all grow with their own style.

3. Paitance. Most of the action is proberly going un underneath, making the energy to grow to the light.

4. Ok thanks... Question.. Are my cfls bulbs running up my electric bill?... Would it even matter if they are on 24 hrs?

5. Find 6500k bulbs if you can, better spectrum, and you only need 1 for that little sprout. Add more in a few weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Since i can relate to your soil i have a thread cfl first grow i am currently on. I used the exact soil from MG- let me help you out sooner before u get more growth. Since it's MG for the seedling your going to get nute burn from the pre added plant food try to do a flush every few waterings. That nitrogen sucks in MG organic and potting mix. i switch over to perlite, peat moss, organic humus and manure. that way i can control the nute intake for the veg cycle. Nutes during seedling seems to fry my plants- just from personal experience

7. Plant still isn't growing , what would u have me do at this point?

8. It's been three days...honestly, just let the thing grow. It isn't an overnight deal. Your problem isn't the plant, it's your patience level :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. I wish someone would tell me how long will it take to start growing again... I just want to know if I'm wasting my time

10. :rolleyes: ok you need to do some research, first off certain strains might seem like they are not growing but are developing the most important part of the plant THE ROOTS. It's green at the moment so it's growing you obviously started from seed. Hence the grow is going to be even longer. Most threads you see where they say 20 days and whatnot are clones they grow ten times faster seedling has about 20 days till it even hits Veg mode where it will take off on growth. Just stick to watering when soil is getting dry and no nutes. It will kill the plants with that mg potting soil. Wait till next week and you will see the difference. And try not to look at it every few minutes it will seem like it never grows. Things will be fine just be patient you are looking at at least three months before you are at harvest. It's a long haul but you do it right and it will reap reward :smoking: :hello:

11. If its a big pot its probably growing alot of roots, that's why people gradually increase pot sizes. If you just toss a seedling in a 5 gal pot you'd be waiting awhile for any significant upward growth. Try 3"-4" than go like 1gal pot than maybe 3 or 5 gal.

Also how close is the light? I think it needs to be far enough so the plant reaches for it but not so far you lose light. Maybe 18"-24"? Someone else might have some better light height recommendations.

12. :eek: look at it this way those leaves you see now those first two are the very first starter leaves that inner growth will be first node. In seedling stage growth seems slow then takes off after about 20days from paper towel. slow but awesome hobby. One must develop the patience for such a hobby for it is not a overnight wonder.

13. Cfl's need to be within 4 inches of plant or as everyone will say as close as possible without burning the leaves...............higher then that they lose penetration ability. You could also, carefully take that plant out as krazzy says and put into a red solo cup. Then wait till it's leaf growth is as wide as the cup and trans to another pot.

14. Some people are telling me that the pot is too big. , roots before shoots

15. If you have size 1 feet and are 250lbs and 6'4'' you will fall over. It's good to let the thing put down roots.
    Buying baggies might be more your thing. It's quicker and more accurate.

:)

Just Momma putting it out there...

16. well shoots only come after roots, you cannot grow bigger then the root base plant 101- best situation transplant into small pot keep soil moist since that is still a young seedling and watch the difference, be very careful not to damage roots in transfer i did this and then no growth for a week while it had to repair the damage i did to rooting system. when u see a few roots coming out of the cup bottom u will know it's time to transplant bigger usually i like to use three pot method small, then medium, and then the harvest pot. The sooner you research on how cannabis plants actually grow the better off you will be. Then when u hit stumps there are people to help but you have to learn the basic of how plants grow what they do ect. it will help you understand so much more bud :hello:

17. Hi. Mine stopped growing for a while now it's picking up and another one is growing next 2 it (1 seed) is this normal?

• Like Like x 1