Marijuana Saved My Life

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by afraida, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Hello all. If you're reading this right now, I'm assuming that you're curious as to how I claim that pot saved my life. Here's how it happened.

The past year I was suicidal. Not a day went by that I thought about ending my life, and I came close to doing it more than a dozen times. I was depressed, and I had no idea why. I would just sit around, sober, depressed as fuck. I felt like I couldn't pull myself out of it.

One day I smoked some pot, which wasn't unusual for me, but this time I guess my mind just finished filling out the blanks for me while I was high, and I realized that the reason I was constantly depressed was because I'm gay, and I didn't realize it.

Since then, I have stopped fighting my urges and I have become a much happier person. I no longer consider suicide, and I love life. I no longer need pot to feel happy, and my smoking has slowed WAY down. I still love the herb, but I now have a much greater respect for it, because it helped me in a way that multiple counselors and friends couldn't. It helped me explore myself, my feelings, and my emotions. It helped me reach a greater me that I am confident and happy to have.

Thanks for reading.

tl;dr: Pot is a great herb that, when used correctly, can help enlighten you and bring you on a spiritual understanding of yourself.

2. Congrats, glad everything worked out for you. I've always felt the same way towards cannabis. I don't think it should ever be seen as a part drug, or something you use strictly to have a good time. It stimulates your mind, so toke and think. Otherwise, it's a bit of a waste.

Cannabis helped me get my life together as well, I'd be a different person today if I hadn't taken that fateful puff. Hell, it's even it's helped me figure out what I want to do with my life. I've got a few options on the table but I'm leaning towards getting into politics - making an actual change from the inside.

Anyway, I really hope this turns out to be a smooth transition for you.

3. Congrats man! Glad you found your path!

4. Why post this a second time?..:confused:

5. My bad. This was the first time I posted it, and I realized it wasn't the appropriate section after posting.

6. I love stories like this, but when you tell normal people something like this, you just get looked at in disbelief and like your a idiot. It sucks. But I'm happy pot moved you in the right direction

7. My heart warms up when I see these kind of stories! Congrats man!

8. I believe it. The introspection that occurs when you are high is unbelievable to the general non smoking population. No anti depression BS drug can do that. Fk drugs! Herb ftw!!!

9. Bob Marley said:"When you smoke up the herb it reveals you to yourself."

10. So true dude. I tried anti-depressants and everything before I figured it out. Now I don't any need any chemicals (pot included) to feel great about life! Although, I do still enjoy smoking ;D

11. It's stories like yours that really bring a smile to my face! I'm glad you found you're path my friend. Spread happiness and spread the truth!

12. Good for you man. It really sucks that when you tell the average joe that weed saved your life he goes "haha yeah drinking and cigarettes saved mine too you addict."

Stories like this brighten my day, weed also saved my life everyday I use to have suicidal and homicidal thoughts. Weed really helps and I haven't thought about suicide seriously since before I started smoking.

13. That's great man! It really feels great to be able to pull out of that, doesn't it?