Marijuana Related Misdemeanor Drug Charges

Discussion in 'General' started by JEI3US, Aug 5, 2014.

1. #1 JEI3US, Aug 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2014
    in 2012 I was pulled over with an 8th of weed and a glass pipe. All said and done I was charged with a drug paraphernalia misdemeanor. I was laid off from my job about four months ago and now the job hunt is a god damn Fucking nightmare. I've been denied 5 jobs due to failed background checks. Call center jobs won't even look at my application when they see this. My work.history, interviews, and credentials have all been rock solid. This misdemeanor has really been a kick in the nuts for me. I am running out of options now I'm this close to calling a USMC recruiter because not even the army will take me. Anybody else have had to deal with this type of situation?

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. nope even call centers took me and my misdemeanors. I thought it was only a problem if it was a felony. looks like you're screwed.

3. Get a truck ,lawn mower,weed eater and leaf blower.

Work for yourself!

4. Nah, my problem has always been that no matter how you write it out...Hustlin' just isn't qualified work experience. :cool:

5. I thought that only felonies could keep you from getting a job as well and in some cases this is true. Now every single company conducts background checks where even your traffic tickets show up. I get caught with weed now no one sees me fit to hire. There really needs to be a law that limits background checks to felonies only man this really sucks balls.

6. How old were you? Depending on the state you live in, if you were younger than 21 you could've gotta the youthful offender act. I had a gram of weed, pocket knife, and my glass bowl with me, I was driving high and was arrested. Went to court with a $2k lawyer, no misdemeanor, no possession charges, and a sealed record. Instead of a driving while ability impaired(DWAI) by marijuana, I was charged with DWAI by alcohol. $500 fine and surcharges, went down as a violation and only had my license taken away for a year.
    You can get shit dropped mad easy if you know the law and it helps to have a good lawyer too haha learned my lesson that night I got arrested though.

7. Yeah I was 19 when it happened I was naive. I knew I had shit on me and I let the cop search the car. When I went to court they offered to drop drug possession charges to pin me with drug paraphernalia which is worse considering it doesn't specify what kind of paraphernalia I was busted with. People can think its heroin needles or crack pipes. I do plan to pay and have it sealed just don't have the funds for a lawyer right now. ill just keep my head up n keep applying.