Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana Related Driving Deaths?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by laxkush, Mar 7, 2012.

1. I know everyone always says there has been no deaths because of marijuana, which i know is true. But has anyone ever died from driving while high or doing something stupid while high? Reason I ask is because my friends and I are having an argument about this so I was wondering if you could link me to a page that says so. Thanks

2. I mean, definitely. I know people who've gotten in accidents because they were stoned. You can get in accidents when you're sober, though, so it doesn't really tell you much. Except give the government more reason to keep it illegal when a marijuana related accident happens.

3. its not that hard to drive while your high, unless your just really bad at driving, in which case you shouldn't do it in the first place.

4. YES MANY PPL HAVE DIED FROM ACCIDENTS THAT OCCURED WHILE BEING UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF MARIJEWUANAa

5. under the influence of cannabis you are 2x more likely to get into an accident. under the influence of alcohol you are 12x more likely

6. [quote name='"frankenfish"']under the influence of cannabis you are 2x more likely to get into an accident. under the influence of alcohol you are 12x more likely[/quote]

Probably not the best numbers but the ideas the same. People DUI are irresponsible

7. people have also died from eating. and putting on makeup so lets make eating and makeup illegal to :D and every other thing you can do while driving that can get you killed.

8. A very good friend of mine almost had his sisters friend drive through his living room because she blanked out and forgot to break.

9. Horrible, horrible, horrible examples...

Eating and driving is not close to the same as driving IMPAIRED.

10. Here's one source on marijuana and driving:

Cannabis and Driving: A Scientific and Rational Review

Google it, there is other information out there too.

Ultimately it's a judgment call. People get behind the wheel when they shouldn't for a lot of reasons. They could be too high, or too drunk, or too tired. Each person has to know for themselves when it's safe to drive. I know for myself I cannot drive when I'm really high. But a lot of other people can. It just depends on how it affects your system.