Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana protected by US Bill of Rights!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by greenbliss, Dec 17, 2008.

1. The ninth amendment states "The enumartion, in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage other rights retained by the people." To me, this means that that the constitution protects smoking weed because there is no rational reason for its prohibition, since it doesnt kill, and is less addictive than legal things like alcohol and tobacco, that actually do kill. Your thoughts?

2. eh mabye but people dont always go by the bill of rights these days lol it still should be legal

3. go see what the gov has to say about that

4. OH MY GOD! YOU'RE ON TO SOMETHING! STOP THE PRESSES! MARIJUANA IS LEGAL! GREENBLISS FOUND A LOOPHOLE!

ha, nah man I'm just messing with you. Nowadays there is too much propaganda that leads the general public to believe that marijuana is a harmful *drug*, even though informed people know otherwise. It sucks, but hopefully change is in the future. Hell, I know a lot of people voted for "change" so let's hope we see it.

5. i wanna find the people who started all this bullshit bout weed being bad for you im gunna give them a licken! xD

6. Thankfully, most of them are all dead

7. That's cause you're not a legal scholar. And who said laws had anything to do with rationality...
    /thread

8. My theory is someone should take a marijuana arrest to the supreme court under the ninth amendment. With the right judges it would be a good idea, and even if you lost you would proably at least get a dissenting opinion, to launch off from in the future. The ACLU has a history of doing things like that (called test cases). Fighting Jim Crow laws and anti teaching evolution laws come to mind (scopes vs. Tennessee).

9. even if something like this was brought up with politicians they would have something to say right back with another right or law etc...

10. we could go dig up Ansling and beat the crap out of his corpse, lol. He was the one who originally started hating on weed, it was in the ending years of alcohol prohibition, and he was trying to find a way to turn peoples attention away from the sinking ship of the alcohol prohibition.

11. Haha the old ninth amendment.

I remember asking my teacher in 7th grade when we first learned the bill of rights, "Wait a minute... Doesn't the ninth amendment mean that anything is technically legal as long as I plea the 9th?"

Unfortunately, that's not how the US legal system works. Just because the ninth amendment says that people have rights that aren't listed in the constitution doesn't mean that a person has the right to do anything under the 9th amendment.

12. if you go to hell when you die im sure you will get your chance.

13. oh shit burnnn:p

14. Fuck the bull shit, I call loop hole!!:eek:

15. #15 RobertHope, Dec 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2008
    im sure u have all heard this before but ill say it again. the guy that really pushed to make mj ilegal said it made white women want black men. and it whould make black people kill white people. weed is not legal beacuse of that guy.

now i dont know about you but ive known plenty of white girls who smoke who whould NEVER sleep with a black man. and im not black but i have never wanted to harm another human being when i got high. ive also met a few black men who smoke weed and they didnt want to kill me. i think something is up!

LIES dirty LIES

16. sherlock?? is that you ???

17. Roflcopterz of Lulz. n_n

18. Of course its far fetched and i dont think this would work, although I think the accurate interpretation of the constitution would make it work. My interpretation of the 9th amendment and not just for mj but for anything is that, the bill of rights cant be used to limit the rights of the people to the rights put their. So if its a right that people should have by common sense, then they should have it. I think common sense says people should have the right to smoke sense were not hurting anyone else, unfortunately too many people dont see that as common sense because they still believe the propaganda.