Marijuana production laws in canada

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by JamesM, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Hi grass city,

I've been thinking about growing marijuana for couple of months now. been doing all the research and the reading in the mean time. this is a great website and it always has the answers to all my questions but before i start growing i want to know all the drug laws. i know no one wants to talk about getting caught and dealing with the police but still its always good to know all the proper laws

I did some research on my own and came up with a little something:

http://canadaonline.about.com/od/bills/p/mjreform.htm

I wanna hear from people here on grass city about canadian laws on marijuana production. is it a good idea to see a drug lawyer to educate myself more on this subject??

Personally i dont have any criminal record so i'm sure i will get a "soft" punishment if i get caught. I dont mind paying fines or whatever but its just the thought of doing jail time that gets to me

I wanna know what i can do or how many plants can i have at one time so even if i get caught, i will not be looking at any jail time.

It would be nice if you can share your personal experiences on this subject or anything that would help me. i know some people here are extremely knowledgeable when it comes to marijuana. hey grass city your help is needed right now :):):):):)

2. Well now that you know the laws, don't get caught. Seems harsher than I had heard about Canada though, maybe the US isn't so bad, haha!

3. Ofcourse no one wants to get caught.

4. If you do it right then it is a fairly safe hobby, of course less plants= less punishment. So maybe grow less palnts but grow them bigger, please note that times between harvest will be much longer though. I did this on my first grow and it was my biggest yeild to date.

Good luck, wouldn't bother with no lawyer dude!

5. thanks for all the info dude. so u don't think dealing with a lawyer is a good idea but wouldn't all that be confidential?? I mean he can tell me all the exact information i.e limit of plants or what to expect if i somehow get caught.

what do you think?

6. I wouldn't pay for a lawyer unless I needed one! The law where I am works on number of plants not how much the yeild, so if its a worry then use the least amount of plants possible but let them get big.

You will need more space for a bigger plant and as I said you will be waiting longer for bud but get more.

Good luck

7. #7 JamesM, Mar 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2009
    that makes sense. so for example growing roughly 20 plants in a 100 sq feet room (10 foot ceiling) with proper lighting and setup. how big can i really make them and how much dry bud can i get??

i know its not easy to estimate a yeild but what are your thoughts on that.

8. If you want to grow for profit you need more plants then 20.
    If it's for personal use you'd better get 10plants or so.

In holland you only can get to jail with growing if you have 100 plants, alot of people just got a fine because they putted 99 plants lol

9. Most people that I know who have gotten busted either got fines or the cops just destroyed their equipment and left the house. You have a better change of getting robbed for your weed then the RCMP giving you a visit.

This might change a little since all of the bullshit between the UN and Red Scoripon idiots killing each other. I has nothing to do with weed but its making the politicians try to pass more stricter laws which will do nothing to stop gangs but make it a more serious crime if you get busted.

10. definitely not good news for all the weed growers in canada

11. Price of weed will go up and MORE people will grow. These stricter laws will have the opposite effect as always but its easier to not see this and just pass useless laws then to actually use ones brain and realize that prohibition just make the product worth more and organized crime will dig its claws deeper into it.

12. that makes alot of sense but stricter/mandatory sentences will have some sort of effect on people too. i'm sure it will scare some growers like myself and make other growers more careful with their operation.

13. look at the laws for maine there are so soft. Very weed friendly weed production laws.