Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana Policy Project

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Tribe, Apr 18, 2008.

1. I like the idea of writing to our representatives and senators urging them to vote for Rep. Frank's bill. However our letters will have more effect if we try to sound like regular, nonsmoking members of the public who see the value of legalization because it'll restrict marijuana sales to minors and have other benefits, rather than letters that make us sound like marijuana activists. We should try to sound like we're part of mainstream society rather than a radical fringe.

Another thing that'll be very effective is to directly address the DEA's arguments against legalization. Our legislators listen very closely to law enforcement and the ONDCP so we have to directly address the statements they're going to make. You can find their arguments here: http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/demand/speakout/index.html and here: http://pushingback.com/blogs/pushing_back/archive/2007/11/01/37974.aspx

Also, we should write like a concerned parent would write; that is, a personal letter to a legislator, not a form letter to all legislators. (I've tired that, only one replied ;)).

2. great reply, for you speak truth.
    :hello:you inspire me to write my own letter, and I will do so thanks.

edit: thanks for the con side links they will benefit
    2nd edit: man those websites were really annoying :p
    "and for young people, has surpassed alcohol in addictive risk and impact on dependency requiring treatment"
    sigh. I dont even have to elaborate on that

3. We're not a radical fringe group! Nearly 20% of Americans smoke at least once a year! There are also 20 million daily smokers in the U.S. Just thought i would point that out. Also, I would suggest contacting your representatives through any format you feel is suiting. Don't feel like you have to hide your cannabis use. Tell your non-smoking friends/family to send a letter or email as well.