Marijuana: No Medicinal Value

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by NefariousBredd, Aug 30, 2011.

1. I'm 100% sure weed helps me medically, though I use it for recreational purposes of course too :p

2. This is a good point actually. I'd lol if this was brought up in court.

3. Gonzales v. Raich is a great Law School Moment.
    "The Law" does not have to make sense, it has to fulfill criteria.

However, laws can be amended, rewritten, or replaced by new law(s) when the courts will not intercede (the use of constitutional amendments to outlaw gay marriage come to mind as an example of these types of strategies ). Imagine what the Feds would do if a state constitutional amendment legalizing marijuana were passed in ANY of the same states that have medical use laws.

4. The Feds and the States have a lot more resources than you think. The have many armed forces, a network of courts and prisons, and a long and vindictive memory. I don't think we need to take up arms quite yet. At this point large demonstrations are a better bet.

5. You want to know why, You can't make Painkillers and sleep aids in your backyard, but anybody can grow marijuana. thus pharmacy's loses alot of money. Alchol has no medical use except kills people, you cant drive drunk you can easily drive high on marijuana. It can slow you down if you let it to. Alcohol taste like shit Tobacco taste worse the only thing tobacco does is kill yourself with smoke that does no effects to you recreationally. and weed is a natural medicine, if used right, but can also be abused recreationally.

6. The pink is not accurate. The medicinal use of alcohol is still very much alive today and even survived during prohibition. (It was the only way alcohol was legal during prohibition, which people seem to miss when they compare the effectiveness of alcohol prohibition to marijuana prohibition. When alcohol was prohibited, they still allowed it for medical use, when they don't even allow that with cannabis. Please see the constitution as well for the unconstitutionality of cannabis prohibition.) In my personal experience, though, cannabis hasn't been abused and is not abused as regularly as people, especially youth, abuse alcohol. Most youth participate in binge activities semi-regularly and will tell you it's "fun" to partake in such abusive consumption of alcohol. Although, such behaviour is encouraged by society (see TV), whereas marijuana use is looked down upon and scorned, even when it's not abusive. I know way more peers who have ended up alcoholics already than I know stoners who have dedicated their lives to pot. lol

7. One problem: FCC

What first amendment?

8. Two problems: FDA

What tenth amendment?

9. Three problems: DEA

What fourth amendment?

10. Problem 4: Our Supreme Court of the US
    Representing corporate interests before the peoples' interests, granting corporations the same rights as individuals, and locking us out of the political process. :rolleyes:

11. Ok your right smart guy, the way they legalized it is for recreational use and not medical use. I rather have marijuana legalized any day then alcohol

12. At least in American medicine, alcohol was originally intended as an anesthetic, but was eliminated for this purpose due to complications caused by excessive dehydration and toxicity-related side effects. In short, it was considered a poison. It's use was limited to that of a topical antiseptic. There was much research being done on alcohol as a truth serum for obvious reasons, also discarded. It was tried as a cure for depression, until it was noticed that it made depression much worse in the long run.

Alcohol has never really had any serious medical uses, other than experimental uses and antiseptic uses.

In all honesty, aside from recreational consumption, alcohol was most widely used as a rocket fuel additive. Speaking of ethanol here, the drinkable kind of alcohol.

13. you guys may think a lot of people see the bullshit in it but for the last two days (once in my english class and a whole topic on drugs in my health class) you wouldnt imagine what kind of bullshit people think.

I for one was the only person really advocating legalization of
    marijuana but you still have a lot of ignorant people thinking its bad to be driving while high (i heard somebody saying people could fall asleep on the road.....) that smoking it had no help in cancer treatment (until some enlightened individuals brought up it was for pain management) but i was yet again the only person advocating that there are studies on its antic-cancerous properties.

I got asked why I would end the war on drugs and I told them "the war on drugs has failed and theres a lot of people profiting off of it and dying because people want to keep other people from making money off of it, kids can buy weed easier than beer once they have a connect they go through them all the time, and that the DEA siphons their taxpayers dollars (unknowingly) to try to win a war that could never be won. I then brought up how prohibition has never worked and gave rise to mobsters in the past.
    I brought up how the Federal government was the one that wanted to shut the hemp industry down because it would have put the lumber industry out of business and that hemp at the time was already a miracle resource.

Somebody asked me "....Well are you willing to pay taxes on it?" and I replied "of course!" and after that all some people changed their mind, but you wouldnt imagine the amount of people that have no clue on ANYTHING thats going on around them.

I realized theres still a lot of work to be done.

14. This is why your parents told you to pay attention, idiots abound, and it takes desire to be informed. The biggest lesson going to school, and life in general teaches, is that it is not blissful to be ignorant. Do not suffer fools Shipwreck, there is a lot of work to do.