Marijuana news: Key player in pot legalization in California delays effort until 2016

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by xdog, Feb 19, 2014.

1. I really don't understand why the hell this is taking so long.

Seriously, it's Cali-fucking-fornia, two other states lead us in marijuana legalization, and we're still delaying? What happened to this state...

2. Yes let's hand something else over to the government to fuck up. No thanks.

3. #4 JWest, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2014

Currently prohibition is in the government's hands, let's take that away from them, shall we?

4. Tell us you don't really think the world is this simplistic....
    Drug war= special interests
    Drug legalization (as its being forwarded) = special interests

What, exactly, changes?

Ethan Nadelman and the "Drug Policy Alliance" are a hard-left progressive group that will do whatever their political keepers tell them to do. Fuck them.

5. Yes because legization will change that. I don't think so. As floating said. It will just be a shift in the war on drugs.

6. Let it shift. Clearly its better than mj being illegal to own. 

7. Who is it illegal for in ca. Anything under a oz is fine. Want to grow. Get a med card for 50 bucks, you will pay more in tax on a oz of weed. As long as people are not going got jail for weed. I am fine with the way things are out here.

8. yeah i agree once the govt get's there hand's in everyone is fucked..http://www.forbes.com/sites/jacobsullum/2014/02/18/washington-house-overwhelmingly-approves-ban-on-medical-marijuana-dispensaries/
    http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/2014/02/state-might-change-marijuana-growing-rules/

9. Are you ready to buy $90 1/8ths?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Holy hell, the the Washington state liquor control board an inch and they take a fucking mile.

When pot stores open up where is the weed come from? the whole plan was distended to fail.

I say the cats out of the bag and is not going back in. I was at my local home depot and black 5 gallon buckets are sold out, the farm store has shitloads of light bulbs but is running low on other stuff. HHHhhhmmmmmm.........

Fuck the Washington state liquor control board.

11. right....i hope you're not in washingstained so pretty much if u are get ready too trash you're medical rec..

I am, what a mess.

13. damn that suck's i feel you're pain..

14. Those links discuss the banning of dispensaries and the regulation of legal gardens.... nothing about medical marijuana ... still I heard the WA Department of Health is looking to gut the medical program because "safe" access is not an issues with recreational stores. 

15. #17 cpt TeTra, Feb 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2014
    The bill requires patients to buy their cannabis from the same stores that serve recreational customers, which would be the only legal sellers of medical marijuana as of May 1, 2015, when the provision allowing collective gardens would be repealed. Patients could continue to grow marijuana for their own use, but the maximum number of plants would be reduced from 15 to six (three of them flowering). The ceiling on possession by patients would be cut from 24 ounces to three.The bill instructs the state Department of Health, together with the Washington State Liquor Control Board (which is charged with regulating marijuana growers, processors, and retailers), to produce a report by November 15, 2019, on the question of whether it is appropriate to continue allowing home cultivation.

this pretty much say's screw medical..

16. #18 cpt TeTra, Feb 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2014
    cody's legislation would create a “patient recognition” system that would allow cardholders to buy up to three ounces at a time (as opposed to one ounce for recreational customers), avoid paying sales taxes (a privilege addressed in a separate bill), and claim immunity from arrest for possession or cultivation within the limits set by law. Currently there is no central record of qualified patients. Patients with doctor's recommendations have an affirmative defense against marijuana charges, meaning they can still be arrested, although not convicted. H.B. 2149 would eliminate that affirmative defense, effectively requiring qualified patients to register with the state if they want to be recognized as such.

this part say's legal but we will still fuck with you..

17. FUUUCKK!

Fuck em... :devious:

18. new drug war policy .....

Lawmaker #1 "Jail is just not working to get rid of em, they keep voting."

Lawmaker #2 "We could try a +75% tax rate."

Lawmaker #1 "why not? it worked to kill the Middle class"

*martini glasses clink together...........