Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana makes me a better student?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Burn No Bridges, May 16, 2009.

1. Okay, so I just got my grades for my Spring semester of Junior year, anyway, I'll show you them compared to the Fall Semester, when I only smoked rarely. I smoke a few times a week now.

Fall '08

Documentary Production - B
    Digital Editing - B +
    Narrative Video Production - C -
    Greece: Democracy and Empire - B +
    Intro. World Religion - B -
    Color Concepts I - F

Semester GPA - 2.3

.......... Then I started smoking more regularly.

Spring '09

Documentary Production - B +
    Adv. Narrative Video Production - A -
    Spain after Franco - C +
    American Social Values - B
    Writing for Film and Television Workstudy - A

Now, I'm also a RA, so part of me is always on my job when I am not in class. But it has it's perks.
    I also was doing a Photography minor that I decided to discontinue during the Fall '08 Semester.

So a combination of doing less and smoking more weed paid off. :hello:

2. How do you know you wouldn't have achieved the same results without mj?

3. Well at least it proves that it didn't affect his grades negatively.

4. Damn. Let's see what you're like when you become a daily smoker. I was one at 15 -_-

5. I drank heavily my first semester, like ungodly. I drank myself stupid everynight and it definitely hurt my grades. I walked off with a 2.3 my first semester. Second semester, I cut back on the drinking and smoked a shitload more weed (about an ounce a week to two weeks, with other people). I pulled a 2.8.

6. Those aren't great grades both semesters either way...

7. Correlation is not the same as causation.

8. He doesn't.

It won't unless someone lets it by letting it consume their life to the point where they don't take care of busines first.

I was going to say the exact same thing.

It's a plant and a drug, not some magical thing that will make your grades better or give you great spiritual insights.

9. Interesting idea. I cant believe that the actual chemical reactions and THC can actually make someone smarter- but using marijuana as a stress outlet could, in theory, at least help you function more smooth and in a more clear state of mind which can improve your overall grades.

either way, keep on toking :D

10. It's not a combination...it's the bolded part.

11. I've never been a hard-working student. My highschool GPA was lower than my college GPA. I scored well on the SAT though so that got me into a university.

12. hahaha i didnt smoke once last year (freshman year) and had a 3.4 avg.

this year i smoke every weekend. 3.8 avg as of right now.

mj all the way. i say it releases stress and gives you something to look for, making school much easier to bare, no?

13. The same could be said for almost any relaxing activity though. There's nothing special about the herb in that regard. BTW it's 'bear' not 'bare' so maybe you should smoke less and work harder in English class ;)

(just busting on you)

14. #14 damncrazylegs, May 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2009
    it has helped me in some ways and made other ways harder. im not the greatest at math, took precalc after not having math for most of a year, and yea went terrible. i already didnt know all the concepts, but cannabis just made understanding math that much harder for me.

but with writing, wow. mj helped put aside any blocks for creatative thoughts. opened my mind to different ideas, helped form structure, and just witty statements. aced all my papers.
    before i was burning bud, writing was a bitch for me. couldnt get my thoughts to come out in writing, but our sweet friend helped me bridge the gap between mind and paper.

15. I agree that
    ...Yet I can say that I do agree, as well with this:
    I can do everything I do now, academically, even if I stopped blazing everyday. It's all mind over matter and if he believes he's smarter with bud in his life, all I can say is that good for you overcoming your academic weakness' with weed. I do notice that I can write with more "freedom" and intellect and overall produce a better painting in art class rather then not being stoned. I also notice that weed gives me almost a motivation in some sense because everything just drifts by in moderation after I smoke...
    For me it's preferred, but not necessary. Eh, whatever floats your boat though, right? :eek:

16. i did get better grades on some essays this semester because i wrote them while high. smoking really helps me focus my ideas better while writing.

17. ya man, and writing when im high is just a lot more fun:D. bud makes everything better, physical and mental.