Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana linked to Prostate Cancer

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by theprof, Mar 13, 2009.

1. http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/36695.php

So according to this article smoking weed puts you at a higher risk for getting prostate cancer.

I'm 19 and I noticed over the past few months that i have to piss an abnormally frequent amount. I'm really worried now because i smoke weed every day, and I hope thats not what's causing it.

Thinking back, this problem started a few months ago when i stopped exercising and leading a relatively healthy lifestyle, so it could be because of that too.

What do you guys think about this?

2. cottonmouth makes you drink more

drinking more makes you piss more

3. Die young, die happy.

4. Faulty study. Small study group.

5. Thats a good thought. But i don't get cottonmouth anymore when i smoke. I don't drink any more fluids because i smoke weed.

6. who gives a shit? if you were to ever get prostate cancer it would be when your like 65, and who wants to have kids at that age any way. i would sacrifice my balls at age 65 any day to have a fun life full of high times.
    plus, if worst comes to worst i can always adopt if i feel the need for kids (a BIG if).

7. You are aware there is no cure for prostate cancer right?

Getting your balls removed is for testicular cancer; prostate cancer you're just fucked, basically.

8. Oops, thanks man, i had them confused. but I'm still standing by what i said previously.

9. i think im going to have to put this in the same category that of ALL those big studies that marijuana is actually SATAN.

a load of shit, as far as im concerned.

10. gettin high since 7000bc. +rep for shizzle

11. if you read the article, it says this: Studies of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, the main psychoactive substance in marijuana, have demonstrated both anti-tumor and tumor-promoting properties.

i dunno but that says marijuana demotes cancer but also promotes cancer, my opinion they have no fucking clue.

12. oops I didnt mean to delete that post.

anyway this seems to be about bladder cancer... thought it was the same testicular cancer. but the test seems to be done in the same way.

here is the podcast, very informative http://stash.norml.org/stash-for-wed-feb-11-2009/

13. i quoted it so people can still see.

14. Don't even worry about getting a prostate removal. Calm down people. This study is way too small to be conclusive.

15. Marijuana cant be linked to cancer because THC has anti tumor and anti cancer properties.
    Im pretty sure thats why marijuana smokers don't get lung cancer.

16. Talk all they want but cannabis has never been linked to any cancer.

17. Um. It's been linked all the time.

I think you mean it's never been proven to be the cause of any cancer.

18. if your gonna talk shit about my best friend mary jane, you better have some nice ass links.

19. Alright then why the fuck do i have to piss every goddamn half an hour? Sometimes i'll have to pee twice in 20 minutes, and won't have eaten/drank a thing.

Here's my theory. Once i stopped exercising i stopped sweating, so theres a whole bunch of excess fluid in my body that needs to be pissed out. I'm going to start running again starting tomorrow and see if i see a difference.

I'll have to finish this post later, i gotta take a leak

20. By the time I've got Prostate cancer from smoking weed I probably wont need my balls anyway. IMO

Regards,
    Indica Kid