Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana Linked to Depression and Suicide

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by NotPotRelated, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Chia = better than flax seeds. Google it. I can post a link later.

2. ive smoked since 13-14 and never had problems with weed....though i did alot of other shit (unmentionables) that DID fuck me up...but when i was just smoking weed i passed my school year yet smoked a half o and didnt study...but still passed. Then when i started doing other shit...i dropped / got expelled and still havent gotten back.

3. *cough* *cough* government lies.... When i was in my teens i smoked FOR depression and it helped me out immensly.... Saved my life... It may be bad for ur brain due to the fact its developing at that age but it definatly doesnt cause depression and scuicidalness mayb thts just the paranoia.. Idk

4. [quote name='"12212012"']Actually weed helps me lift my spirits but.. the devil arises when I am alone for too long.. also I dont like being in public high because i have feelings everyone knows i am high.. so yea marijuana is bad but it is also good..

Anyone who says marijuana has no negative effects is a facking retard. Marijuana is like a knife.. it can save a life and it can take a life.[/quote]

????? No it cant. I dont see how it can take a life. This is marijuana youre talking about, not meth lol

5. [quote name='"12212012"']Actually weed helps me lift my spirits but.. the devil arises when I am alone for too long.. also I dont like being in public high because i have feelings everyone knows i am high.. so yea marijuana is bad but it is also good..

Anyone who says marijuana has no negative effects is a facking retard. Marijuana is like a knife.. it can save a life and it can take a life.[/quote]

Dare advocate

6. Marijuana without a doubt was the only thing to help me with my depression when my grandmother passed 3 years ago when I was 18

7. WTF... So at 14 when some big kid is toking up and passes you and your buddies a half toked blunt you had this thought?

8. I didn't know that about omega threes. I have a lot of foods fortified with flaxseed oil so I guess I'm good. I was also thinking aout getting some hemp milk. :D

9. This is the old cause and effect loophole; it doesn't explain HOW smoking weed makes you more likely to end up depressed, it just establishes a correlation. Maybe they could take into consideration the possibility that depressed teens are more likely to use drugs, not always the other way around.

Wow, really? I've never heard that one before. This is basically restating the topic.

Again, cause and effect. Maybe teens are so depressed because of their environment and not by drugs, drugs, drugs. It's easy to blame everything on drugs and point out meaningless correlations.

They added this one to make the list look longer and more detailed... it's just the first point being repeated.

I'm impressed, maybe they're not as stupid as I thought they were. Oh wait, they are! No shit depressed teens are more likely to take part in risky behaviours. I'm doing A-level sociology so I'm used to hearing people state obvious things all the time as if they've developed a new theory or something, it's quite annoying.

10. I have chrohn's disease and marijuana helps alleviate the chronic pain that comes with it. People can come up with all these excuses for why it is bad, for some people it could be but for someone like me it is a life saver.

11. Depressed people smoke, drink and do drugs. Who woulda thunk?:)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_VBi53CROE]Rory Gallagher : Barley And Grape Rag - YouTube[/ame]

12. The link didn't work for me either, but I am assuming that the study is covering teen marijuana use. I disagree with teen marijuana use and wouldn't be surprised if marijuana had negative effects on the developing brain.

13. People smoke weed FOR depression. :)