Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana Linked to Depression and Suicide

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by NotPotRelated, Mar 1, 2012.

1. very true. if someone's going to kill themself, they're likely going to do it eventually. the weed may not be the greatest thing FOR depression (again, everyone's different) but it's certainly not making them do it. some people are just more susceptible.

you can say anything is LINKED to depression and suicide. hell, mcdonalds could easily be LINKED to depression and suicide. same thing

2. Let's put it this way: weed is not going to take a normal healthy individual and make them suicidal or depressed. Life might, but not weed.

Kids shouldn't smoke weed because they're still developing, physically, socially, sexually, psychologically. Drugs (including weed) can affect their path of development.

3. I started when i was 12 haha.Since the 7th grade and up till now still puffing away at the sweet ganja:smoke:

4. Abstaining from Marijuana linked to ignorance and stupidity.

5. Could be that those inclined to attempt suicide and suffer from depression also tend to smoke marijuana. self medication

6. i was depressed before i smoked. i was depressed after i smoked, BUT guess what? since i guess weed may have helped it come out faster?? possibly, i can cope with it easy now after i got older. stillblazing too.
    i told those motherfuckers, weed, and weed only. no pills can fix my brain.

7. Weed did lead me to a very deep depression, which also lead to anxiety

But I started taking omega pills and my depression has been getting better lately

8. Marijuana Can Help Prevent Suicide, Study Suggests - Los Angeles News - The Informer

9. This.

10. What about the random 16 year old that was abused by family for years, does it serve a purpose to label him mentally weak?

11. Yeah bro not anyone in this world lives in your pink world, some of us actually have to go through shit

12. #32 DrTummnus, Mar 3, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
    Does it have any link to chronic masturbation... =o

13. It's amazing how herb helps me with depression. I was feeling incredibly down a couple weeks ago, took a couple puffs, and almost immediately it's like I feel like a normal, happy person !
    I do have to say though, smoking while you are a teenager and your brain is developing does seem like it COULD lead to issues for some people....but so many teens smoke and do drugs nowadays that it makes me worry for our future haha...

14. Abusing anything can make you depressed. It's all in their head.

15. BS i've been smoking since I was 12 and I've always been happy and outgoing

16. Many undiagnosed celiacs self medicate their symptoms with cannabis

American Journal of Gastroenterology - Abstract of article: Depression in adult untreated celiac subjects: diagnosis by the pediatrician

17. Exactly. Off yourself in a fastfood restaurant and what do you know.....fast food is related to suicide. Same shit.

18. omega 3 does nothing for me

19. Which ones are you taking? I'm doing DHA and Hemp Oil because fish oil makes me burp fish all day.

20. Going to pick up some omega 3 tomorrow along with some flax or hemp seed.