Marijuana Legalization

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by JamesAllen, Apr 17, 2012.

1. So I been listening to the radio & watching T.V alot lately & I notice that on T.V they are doing alot of weed jokes lately & the radio has uncensored weed from songs, so all this has got me thinking, is marijuana going to be legal soon since america is becoming more open to weed or am I reaching.....

2. For sure more open. I bet it will be legal in Cali where I live 10 years max. But it so is censored on the radio here. What state you live in?

3. One of the morning shows on the radio, here on the east coast, before comercial breaks they always say smoke weed.

4. [quote name='"Ilovejane"']For sure more open. I bet it will be legal in Cali where I live 10 years max. But it so is censored on the radio here. What state you live in?[/quote]

Kansas

5. I don't know, I thought the recent Weed Wars and American Weed series on TV was a disgrace and an insult. I'm pretty sure it didn't do us any good, maybe even damaged the movement.

6. #6 Storm Crow, Apr 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2012
    "Weed Wars and American Weed series on TV was a disgrace and an insult. I'm pretty sure it didn't do us any good, maybe even damaged the movement." :(

Once the medical facts about cannabis become known, the need for legalization becomes obvious!

Want to speed the day when you can light up without fear? Become an activist! :hello:

Write those politicians- even the bone-headed republicans! Their minds CAN be changed! :eek:

Medical marijuana legalization getting new life at Statehouse - Springfield, IL - The State Journal-Register

Cross, R-Oswego, had opposed the legislation in the past, but changed his mind after hearing from constituents and members of the medical community, spokeswoman Sara Wojcicki said.

Here are all their addresses! Contact Elected Officials | USA.gov

Just make a quick form letter like this-

Dear __________, I support the legalization of marijuana, and you should, too! We all fear Alzheimer's, yet because of the prohibition of cannabis, our seniors are forced to make do with a second rate drug, Aricept!

From a WebMD article-
    Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's

[FONT=&quot]Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's[/FONT]

"THC blocks an enzyme called acetylcholinesterase, which speeds the formation of amyloid plaque in the brains of people with Alzheimer's disease.

The Alzheimer's drugs Aricept and Cognex work by blocking acetylcholinesterase. When tested at double the concentration of THC, Aricept blocked plaque formation only 22% as well as THC, and Cognex blocked plaque formation only 7% as well as THC.

"THC and its analogs may provide an improved [treatment for] both the symptoms and progression of Alzheimer's disease," the researchers conclude."

You or a loved one may some day face Alzheimer's. Will you settle for a second-rate drug, when a clearly superior natural herbal medicine is available?

Thank you for your time,

(Your Name), a registered voter

And then there is the online news- a great place to educate folks! I just LOVE it when some idiot makes a claim that "Pot causes cancer! :D Then I post up titles of studies like

{Delta}-9 Tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits growth and metastasis of lung cancer.
    (abst - 2007)
    {Delta}-9 Tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits growth and metastasis of lung cancer. -- Preet et al. 2007 (1): 4749 -- AACR Meeting Abstracts

Or
    Antitumor Activity of Plant Cannabinoids with Emphasis on the Effect of Cannabidiol on Human Breast Carcinoma (full - 2006) Antitumor Activity of Plant Cannabinoids with Emphasis on the Effect of Cannabidiol on Human Breast Carcinoma

Then I invite everyone to look them up and read them! :D

There are many ways that you can be an activist with little or no risk to yourselves! I know, because I do it every day. If it were known I even use cannabis, I would lose my job. But cannabis is so much more than "just" a way to get high! It is a powerful healing herb that deserves to be as legal as ginseng! :smoke:

2012 is supposed to be a year of change. Let's change things for the better! Be an activist! :yay:

Granny :wave:

7. You tell 'em Granny! :D We need to make it happen. When voting time comes DO YOUR PART!!!! If there is a ballot initiative in your state for Cannabis either for mmj or legalization do your part to help make it happen and if there isn't do what you can to get one started. WE CAN WIN!!! :hello: :D