Marijuana legalization polls list and links thread.

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by budjones, Apr 29, 2013.

1. I have found all the polls that have come out since that awesome day on Nov 6 2012 that ask if marijuana should be legal. So i thought i would make this tread to review, average, and analyze them.

They are as follows from date of news source with links..

Quinnipiac University poll Dec 5, 2012 51% yes Majority of Americans support legalizing marijuana: poll | Reuters

Public Policy Polling December 6, 2012 58% yes Public Policy Polling: 58 Percent Of Americans Want Pot To Be Legal

Pew poll April 4 2013 52%yes Majority Now Supports Legalizing Marijuana | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

\t \tPublic Religion Research Institute April 24 2013 45% yes Poll: 70 Percent of Americans Say Smoking Weed Is Not a Sin - US News and World Report
    Survey | General Public, Christian Young Adults Divided on Marijuana Legalization

YouGov April 27, 2013 51% with tax yes 6% with no tax yes 57% yes total Poll: Majority of Americans Say Legalize and Tax Marijuana - The Daily Chronic

And that's a 52.6% average for common sense :) we are the majority!!!!

If you know of any national polls i have missed please add them. Also if you have any state polls you want to post please do. So what do you guys and gals think? lets analyze some polls. Thanks.

2. its great we have majority but that doesnt mean that every step of legislature will be dragging their feet and itll take at least a few years to decide the regulation

3. #3 vuttomundo13254, May 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2013
    If current trends continue, its gonna be MUCH MUCH longer than that! Maybe 50-100 years. They cant even get MEDICAL marijuana legalized let alone recreational marijuana. For almost 2 decades the overwhelming majority of Americans said they support medical marijuana. Only 18 states so far even allow for medical marijuana. And two thirds of the country still dont even allow medical marijuana after all this time. Recreational Marijuana is a much tougher sell and wont spread nearly as fast as medical marijuana. In Congress its totally hopeless.

Full legalization for recreational use IS A BIG IF!!!!! Everything in Colorado and Washington has to turn out perfect! Everything that Project Sam is predicting needs to blow up in their face! If theres even a 1 percent increase in the number of THE KIDS smoking pot, or if crime goes up or if car crashes go up or if productivity goes down or theres another lie to brainwash people against marijuana like the suffocating monkeys its all over. Politicians get a lot of mileage scaring people about the kids and using the kids as an excuse to take away responsible adults rights!

Even if theres no increase in kids smoking pot, even if car crashes dont increase, even if it greatly helps tax revenue and jobs, and everything, u still got to deal with all the new arguments the opposition is trying to sway people with. And you still got 48 states without recreational marijuana and 2 thirds of the county without medical marijuana. This is war thats far from over. Too many roadblocks. Every single state red state in the south and midwest is dead set against it. Even liberal states like NY and IL still cant even get medical marijuana! As long as more than half the states dont have any legal form of marijuana, the feds wont do anything to change the law.

And another thing. I think the polls are false. All this support is isolated to a few hardcore liberal places like San Francisco and Boulder and Seattle. I cant imagine 52 percent being the national average if its barely that much higher in California. California is an entirely different planet from states like Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Mississippi, and all those states.