Marijuana Legalization Paper - Help Please!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Kaydub, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Hey everybody, I just finished the introduction to my final English paper of the semester. It's about a social issue and why it is an issue of debate. As a stoner, I naturally chose marijuana legalization to research. It was easy to convince my teacher to let me write about legalization even though it was supposedly a "prohibited topic":smoke:

I've chosen to focus on:

1. Why it was made illegal
    2. Health Facts/Truth regarding cannabis
    3. Hemp as a cash crop
    4. Effect on society (jails, tax money, organized crime)
    5. Current legalization / decriminalization around the country

Here's my introduction, please let me know any honest thoughts about it. I plan to expand off the 5 ideas and make it into an ~8 page paper.

Marijuana, weed, dank, hemp, ganja, grass, tree, dirt and schwag all

describe one thing: Cannabis, a natural plant with a peaceful history until

it was made illegal in the United States in 1937. To support prohibition, the

federal government has spread lies and propaganda regarding the health

and societal effects of cannabis. Cannabis is known to be a miracle

substance that can be used as a drug to treat many ailments, a unique

property not found among any other substance. Hemp, cannabis without

the psychoactive ingredient, is also illegal under prohibition despite its

potential as an industrial cash crop. Since being made illegal, Washington

has spent billions of tax dollars in a losing effort in the drug war. Society

has directly taken a blow: jails have become overcrowded and money is

put into the hands of organized crime. Despite prohibition, cannabis use

has increased in the past half century and there is growing support for

legalization in all areas of the country. Prohibition is simply not working,

and Americans are realizing it. Once the true health benefits of cannabis

are acknowledged, it becomes obvious that the plant is a miracle

pharmaceutically, not a debilitating drug. Like alcohol prohibition, cannabis

prohibition has failed. Washington should regulate recreational cannabis

much like alcohol is regulated through state commissions. Cannabis must

also be utilized for medical benefits as well as an agricultural product for

industrial use.

2. This is a good start, would love to see the finished product. We here in N.C. have HB1380 the Medical Marijuana Act. Currently in our House Health Committee.:smoke: I have lots of info on medical Cannabis. I am an Activist tryin 2 gain support for this bill. Come check us out at the NCCPN Im a global mod there in the forums come join us download the petition and help us get 100,000 signatures. If I can help with resources gimme a hollar.

3. I woud break that section into paragraphs. I think it would read smoother. I would also remove natural from the bolded part above. it is unnecessary. Other than that, it looks good so far.

4. i just recently wrote a paper on decriminalization. if you have any questions or want some of my info just pm me. otherwise it looks good.

5. watch, the union.

6. DONT MAKE THE SAME STUPID MISTAKE AS ME!!!
    COPY PASTE MY ESSAY HERE AND THEN IT SHOWS UP IN GOOGLE...
    I suggest you to just tell us about what are you going to write but don't copy paste your essay here if you don't want your teacher to know that you are a "pothead" copy pasting from another "pothead".