Marijuana Legalization on Obama's Website

Discussion in 'General' started by Reggae420, Oct 27, 2009.

1. I'm checkin it out now

2. cool! next time read the date...

3. haha it doesnt matter what the date is, I just enjoy knowing that it happens, no reason to shit all over my parade son

4. That article was written in December of last year. But it still goes to show that the legalization of marijuana is a very important issue to people today. I can't remember what he said to answer the question, though...

5. He giggled and changed the subject....it was pathetic.:mad:

6. probably something like:

"Why legalize marijuana when we can just raise taxes?"

7. The thing about legalizing marijuana is that yeah it would be great on the surface cause we couldnt get busted anymore, but if the government regulated it like they regulate tobacco, would they be putting a bunch of addictive toxins into it? Would they mess with it like they messed with tobbacco just to make more money?

8. weed will sell its self, so i doubt it. the reason why they did that to tobacco was because it tastes like shit and does nothing for you. :D

9. Even if they did "mess with it", which I don't think they would, what is preventing from growing your own additive free marijuana in your backyard? Why would consumers choose marijuana with addictive toxins in it over clean marijuana?

10. Well look at cigarettes. You can buy additive-free cigs if you want, they just cost more. If the government wants to fuck with our weed, I'll grow my own.

11. Yeah thats a really good point your probably right, but when I heard about those camel greens I started to get a little nervous, I wonder what kind of papers those will use, hopefully hemp, that would be sick haha

12. He laughed it off and said "I don't know what that says about our online audience" Like the internet is crawling with dumb potheads :rolleyes:

13. Yet still the government won't truly listen to it's people

14. #15 notbakedenough, Oct 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2009
    Look guys, we know Obama is moving the US marijuana laws in the right direction.

After all he stopped all DEA raids on dispenseries. Thats pretty huge.

15. I completley agree, no matter what people say about him avoiding the issue, thats just becasue he does not want to lose the support of a group of people who are against it, when the time comes he will legalize it

16. ^Both of you... you have valid points there.

17. it really wouldnt matter if it was or wasn't bc ppl still smoke it its just a matter of not getting cought .but me idk if it is our isnt bc im still gonna smoke it .

18. Unfortunately, I dont think I will see marijuana become legalized in my lifetime. Decriminalization would be perfect. I think if it became legal, it would get stupid. Everyone keeps saying pot today is more potent than 20 years ago, so I think if the government gets their hands on it, they will try to make it less strong or something like that.

19. i'm sure it's been said many times before. obama is working towards re-election. if he wins a second term, i'm sure he will make better advances at decriminalizing...