Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana Legalization debate on CNBC

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Kraminator, Mar 26, 2009.

1. #1 Kraminator, Mar 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2009
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALc0wVFfIKs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALc0wVFfIKs[/ame]

Title is pretty self explanatory, interesting video

2. well, once they can decrimanilize it, they can start focusing on real crimes...

also, at 203 dat bitch said weed is a hard drug.. fukin idiot

3. i enjoy that when the head of the DEA would go against it but all 7 other people seemed to be in favor of it. but i was a little upset to see the head of the DEA get to say it was harmful and that if you want to save teens lives and shit that you need to keep it legal and nobdy went off on him for it.

4. So...weird man. Both the main talking heads are douches, even our guy. Lol

5. Nice find, thanks.

That was good. The MPP rep did a great job, especially when he spoke up about 1 joint = 10 cigs.

The DEA guy seemed like a washed up loser.

6. #7 iPwnF00lz, Mar 26, 2009
    I wish they didn't consider it a drug as much as they do, they should take into consideration it being a plant that has many other benefits such as paper making and a gas substitute to fuel our cars.

I like how our guy threw in a couple facts at the very end so everyone would hear that it doesn't cause cancer, you can't OD from it and that no deaths have been associated with it. And the other guy couldn't try to lie his way out of it and say that those things weren't true.

7. They know it's coming, this is just adult, and consumer, drug education. Big Media is preparing the masses for decriminalization, taxation, and regulation of marijuana.

8. I can hardly wait. I've noticed a lot of pro marijuana articles in my local paper too.

9. Though it's not as related, I wish they had time to address the benefits of industrial hemp. With its low THC levels and multiple green and efficient uses there really is no reason for it to be illegal. Really its just the negative propaganda generated by the DEA. The liberals watching cnbc would cream their jeans if they only new how great industrial hemp is for the environment compared to the alternatives.

10. Same. And a lot of it isn't even 'pro-marijuana', at least what I've seen; it's mostly just fair, non-biased information on marijuana, and the industry around it's growth, production, and distribution, which would, compared to Government Propaganda, make it pro-mj I guess, lol.

11. man when you got facts the anti-marijuana people really got no chance. It made me cringe seeing all that cannabis be ripped up and torn apart. :(

12. #13 Cherimoya, Mar 26, 2009
    I hurt inside a little when those nice plants were being brutally, and savagely uprooted. T.T

made me sad panda ; ;

13. hahaha its happening soon, Especially once this younger generation starts to take control as the old fucks die off haha, pot usage is through the roofs nowadays. its a problem when the punishments for marijuana are worse for the actually person then the usage itself...thats fucked up!

14. Did you and I just watch the same video?

Rob Kampia is a man who knows what he's talking about and I think he did pretty well considering the clusterfuck conversation they had going on there.

15. A drug is a drug. Just because it comes from a plant doesn't make it not a drug. It chemically alters your brain.

Keep in mind heroin and cocaine are derived from plants.

16. I liked it, it seemed everyone but the dea guy were in support of removing an out dated law.

17. Great video man

A lot of the people on there seemed pretty happy with the idea of legalization, i was surprised since it's CNBC

Thats fucked up the former head of the D.E.A. guy gets to say shit like it can cause cancer, or comparing it to cocaine and methamphetamine, which are way stronger and "dangerous" than marijuana could ever be. not to mention you can get a prescription for methamphetamine (Desoxyn) in ALL 50 states

I was also pretty pissed he said right now the law keeps kids safer than legalized selling would when right now, i'm pretty sure every 15 year old can go out and find a bag without much effort.

I'm pretty sure when i was 15 it was a LOT easier to get a bag than someone to buy me liquor, and thats what kids would have to do if it were 21+ to buy weed.

18. never thought id see the day ladies and gents.

19. A very nice debate.
    Hope marijuana scores !